Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:38 pm

Rushy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:48 pm
Damn, I am tempted. It's that or Alien 3.
Alien 3 at least has Charles Dance

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:54 pm

Spaceballs will always be the best Alien movie.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:32 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:54 pm
Charlar wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:56 pm
Guest wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:53 am
Only good Alien movie was AVP.
Guest posting was a mistake
Yeah, if you're going to troll, at least say it was AVP:R.
AVP: R was low-budget trash.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:09 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:54 pm
Spaceballs will always be the best Alien movie.
There's another film I've never seen. I guess I'm kinda like Tamara in that sense(I grew up with a selection of favourite franchises and was very slow to move outside of that until recent years... there was also a phase where I pretty much exclusively watched TV shows).
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:02 pm

It's good Rushy you've started to show interest in the western movie culture, watching Alien movies and Carpenter's The Thing first time at current year. Before you move to Spaceballs you should know that it's a parody of the movie franchise called Star Wars, you should watch those movies first. ;)
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:19 pm

What's it about, a PSA for solar energy?
Kugelfisch wrote:

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Fuck TCM: The Beginning, and fuck this franchise for ever outliving Tobe Hooper's last contribution.

This shitshow really pissed me off, because there's potential there for a good film, unlike, say TCM 4(which was honestly the cinematic equivalent of feces). R. Lee Ermey had more to do this time around, and the rest of Leatherface's family are all played by good actors too.

The teens are kept to a minimum, thus building up their relationships better. And the guy playing Leatherface isn't merely utilized for jumpscares.

But what sinks it is the rubbish script that just refuses to go anywhere at all. Leatherface's family downright confused me bc of their bizarre non-reactions to what is going on around them. This is supposed to be the story of how they became so fucked up and the best the film can say is "they just go with whatever Ermey says until the script says otherwise"

That, and oh my God, the shaky cam. It's like they aimed to recreate the handheld feel of the original, but failed ever so miserably. Shaky cam for an hour and a half.

Anyway, that's the TCM franchise finished. Loved the first two films, TCM 3 is a curio, BURN THE REST IN A BONFIRE.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:10 pm

Just saw the assembly cut of Alien 3. I really loved the first hour, as it introduced a terrific new setting - the prison - and some very intriguing characters like the superintendant and Dr. Clemens(which made up for the loss of Hicks and Newt).

However, after the two died and the focus shifted from character drama to endless corridor jogging, it kinda lost me. A final appereance from Lance Henriksen(that goes nowhere) was the only thing that jolted me towards the end.

Shame we'll never get a movie of Ripley taking over the company and going full on Captain Ahab with their fleet to hunt down the aliens. Anyway, I thought Alien 3 was a flawed, but very innovative conclusion to the trilogy.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:17 pm

FYI the next franchise I'm thinking of checking out is Children Of The Corn, simply because I'm convinced nobody else has ever watched them beyond the first one.
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:19 pm

How many of these bloody movies are there, anyways?

(Seeing how this is a horror movie franchise, the answer is probably "way too many".)
Rushy wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:10 pm
Shame we'll never get a movie of Ripley taking over the company and going full on Captain Ahab with their fleet to hunt down the aliens. Anyway, I thought Alien 3 was a flawed, but very innovative conclusion to the trilogy.
That'd be a bit like if Alien ripped off Metroid 2. It would come full circle.

And I would say Alien 3 has an interesting setting, but no plot to go along with it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette