Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Throne of Dysentery

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Throne of Dysentery » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:15 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:59 am
Opinions on Deliverance?
I think it's some of the best work the entire principal cast has ever done. It's exciting, unsettling, bold for the time period, and features unforgettable scenes and dialogue. Also, Ned Beatty rape.
I never sold my Daewoo. I kept getting low-balled and said fuck it. I’m going to keep it and watch it soar in value!

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:44 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:59 am
Opinions on Deliverance?
A classic that you can never go wrong with. Everyone knows what "squeal like a pig" means, even today. It's a part of 'Murican culture for decades now. Rape scenes don't necessarily need to be gratuitous in order to be great. It gets a 10 out of 10 from me. Hilarious.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:57 am

I may consider watching it then. I never did because film critics have strong opinions on it and faggots usually do.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:33 am

Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:51 am
CIANIgger wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:20 am
The rape in the Lovely Bones was just dissapointing. That guy looked violent as fuck.
Haven't seen it, but I'm sure that scene is on Jewtube somewhere, I'll check it out.
Depends if the idea of a Woody Allen lookalike and two rednecks raping a women FOR 25 MINUTES, there was no need for the scene to be THAT long, still not the worse "quality" wise i know of o rape scene in another movie where the rapist actor still has his pants.

I never thought i'd write this shit, i need a stiff drink
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:00 am

Doe Perfect Blue count? Sure, it's animu, and it's just them filming a rape scene...
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:52 am

I think Henenlotter was made to direct movies to me. Basket Case 2 wasn't as interesting as the original, but it had an offbeat, macabre sense of humor reminiscent of the wonderful Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. And Kevin Van Hentenryck's acting is even better this time around(being in his 30s now helps, of course). Can't wait to see Mecha-Belial in the next one.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:12 pm

Rape scenes of I Spit on Your Grave are amateur trash compared to The scene in Irreversible.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:57 am
I may consider watching it then. I never did because film critics have strong opinions on it and faggots usually do.
What strong opinions critics have about Deliverance? That it's good? Bad? Offensive? I don't think it's a particularly great film, but it's one of those Basic Films you have to see, part of common knowledge. If you haven't seen it, you're missing a lot of pop culture references.

I haven't read opinions of critics in yeaaars, I couldn't care less. Occasionally I'll check the IMDb score, or more like how ratings are distributed. IMO Robert Ebert was the embodiment of everything that is wrong and rotten in the world of cinema.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Ebert gave Blue Velvet one star.

One.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:33 am

Strong opinions as in they either hate it or love it. I don't know what to make of that.
Blue Velvet however I've seen. The movie was weird and incredibly uncomfortable to watch during the entire run time. I guess it's supposed to be that way. Still, I wouldn't watch it again.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:02 am

Lost Highway was just fucking weird. I guess it was "well made" in the sense of being filmed well. But it's beyond weird.

I think Twin Peaks (old) was Lynch's most approachable work.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome