Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:10 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:02 am
I think Twin Peaks (old) was Lynch's most approachable work.
That honour actually goes to The Straight Story.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:33 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:01 am
I checked out Wind River last weekend. Good movie, but I was seriously let down by one part....
SpoilerShow
The rape scene wasn't very exciting. :/
Welp, now I know I'm watching this film by myself does Elizabeth Olsen get her tits out?

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:40 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:33 pm
Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:01 am
I checked out Wind River last weekend. Good movie, but I was seriously let down by one part....
SpoilerShow
The rape scene wasn't very exciting. :/
Welp, now I know I'm watching this film by myself does Elizabeth Olsen get her tits out?
Nope, I half expected a sex scene between her and Jeremy Renner, so I thought that maybe there was a slim chance, but it doesn't happen. She's at the point in her career where she won't show her tits off anywhere I think.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Bad News Bunnyman

Post by Bad News Bunnyman » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:55 pm

Figures her tits are the best part of that godawful Oldboy remake and we'll never see them in a good movie. What a waste.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:29 pm

I could never get into Lynch. I couldn't understand Dune and found it boring. Similarly, a friend forced me to watch Fire Walk With Me and I also had no idea what was going on. That movie had lots of nude/sex scenes, so at least I wasn't bored.

I'm curious to see The Elephant Man, though. IMDB also says he directed a music video for X Japan(!), so I might have to check that out too.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:49 pm

Dune got hacked to bits by the studio. You shouldnt watch FWWM if you didn't see the TV series.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:21 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:29 pm
I could never get into Lynch. I couldn't understand Dune and found it boring. Similarly, a friend forced me to watch Fire Walk With Me and I also had no idea what was going on.
Fire Walk With Me and Dune are the worst places to start with David Lynch. It's no wonder you haven't been able to get into him, Fire Walk With Me doesn't make any sense if you haven't watched the first two seasons of Twin Peaks and Dune is a mess that he has disowned. I would say Blue Velvet is the best place to start with him, it's coherent and full of his trademark weirdness. If you don't like the weirder aspects of Blue Velvet then try The Elephant Man and The Straight Story. Those two films are his most conventional work.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:53 pm

A guide to Lynch:

>accessible
The Elephant Man
The Straight Story

>weird but accessible
seasons 1 and 2 of Twin Peaks
Blue Velvet
Wild at Heart

>full blown LYNCHED madness
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (even if you've seen seasons 1 and 2 of Twin Peaks this film will leave you asking a lot of questions)
Mulholland Dr.
Lost Highway
season 3 of Twin Peaks
Eraserhead
Inland Empire (this is the weirdest feature film Lynch has ever made. Only recommended to hardcore Lynch fans)

>bad
Dune (the studio butchered this film and we'll never get a director's cut since Lynch wants to forget it exists)

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:28 pm

I wouldn't say Mulholland Drive was full blown Lynched madness. I'd put it in the weird but accessible category. I also wouldn't say Dune was bad either, but that's subjective
Rapeculture wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:40 pm
She's at the point in her career where she won't show her tits off anywhere I think.
Oh well, give her twenty years
Bad News Bunnyman wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:55 pm
Figures her tits are the best part of that godawful Oldboy remake and we'll never see them in a good movie. What a waste.
Why would you want to see her tits in a good movie? Tits are tits, and having a good movie built around them just distracts from them
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:57 am

The first two acts of Mulholland Dr. are accessible but the third act is nuts.