Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Charlar » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:55 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:37 am
Also more soldiers. They love them some big armies.
Charlar wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:14 pm
2003 Grievous was ridiculous but at least he was a threat unlike both versions after, he wasn't imcompetent and didn't fuck up nearly as much as the Clone Wars one and he had a better reason to be wheezing in III than just a wound: Windu partially cushed the parts that held his organs with the dark side
I think the current canon explanation is that his cyborg body isn't warm enough, so he has a permanent cold. Jus tone of the many prequel things that sound more stupid the more you think about them.
I heard that change was because Lucas got bronchitis so he gave something similar to Grievous
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:43 pm

Oh, a cyborg with breathing problems in Star Wars. That sure is original, George.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:41 pm

Hypothetical, would the prequels be any better if someone else directed them?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Seele

Post by Seele » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:58 pm

Charlar wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:41 pm
If they had different directors and writers, then probably yes.

Thing is, their mere existence as prequels to the originals is what made them unnecessary to begin with, regardless of whether or not the writing could've been better with different people helming them. We didn't need an origin story to Darth Vader nor did we need a full explanation or visual showcase of the Clone Wars & the rise of the Empire. That stuff was already sort of explained by Ben Kenobi in A New Hope. But, it's Star Wars, so they were easy money regardless of how shitty the final products actually were.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

Woop Woop

Post by Woop Woop » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:37 pm

Rushy wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:12 pm
Big Dick Jenny wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:29 pm
Reminds me of Universal and their monster universe. Van Helsing underperforms, so fuck it. The Wolfman flops, so fuck it. Now we are getting The Mummy (2017). If it underperforms...fuck it.
Wait, isn't The Mummy their first official movie? I know they considered having Dracula Untold be the first one, but that got jinxed real fast.
Forgot about Dracula. Mummy is the first movie NOW, but they've been attempting this monster universe since 2004 but every movie they make sucks so they keep restarting it.

I really hate WB for making Man of Steel their starting point for the DC universe. Had they stuck with Green Lantern we'd have Blake "Big Tits" Lively as a supervillain.

drisko

Post by drisko » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:08 pm

Went and saw Wonder Woman yesterday... meh. It's pretty generic as far as cape shit goes.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:44 pm

Charlar wrote:
Yes, because as Plinkett pointed out George directed them in a very lazy way with that 2 shot bullshit. The acting wouldn't have been as stiff and wooden, and it would have looked better visually at least.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:00 pm

Watched The Wild Geese. Was depressing
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:12 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:44 pm
Charlar wrote:
Yes, because as Plinkett pointed out George directed them in a very lazy way with that 2 shot bullshit. The acting wouldn't have been as stiff and wooden, and it would have looked better visually at least.
Funnily enough, Lucas was 1000% percent right when he said that they have to make Jar Jar work because he's "the key to all of this". If you had asked people what the worst thing about Episode I was shortly after it came out they would've said "Jar Jar". He was the biggest complaint by far.
Now I'd say it's just how fucking boring the movie is and all of the writing. All of it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:56 pm

I always thought the whole "Jar Jar is the key to all of this" was just referring to the CGI.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.