Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rushy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:31 am

Maybe at some point down the line, but I don't feel compelled to.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:32 am

Rushy wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:51 pm
I had no high expectations of Psycho 3, but with Anthony Perkins himseld directing, things got a helluva lot better. I would call this a valid continuation and one of the more underrated 80s slashers.

The story is much simpler and more heartbreaking(a tight focus remains on Norman's personality crisis, with the story focusing on his attempts to wrest free from Mother's control as he falls in love with an equally damaged nun). There's more of a visual flourish and clever editing.

It's slicker, smarter and Perkins has the character down to a tee. Only flaw is that it does follow up on Psycho 2(but it retcons the silliness: so Norman's mother really WAS Norman's mother)

Psychose-3-image.jpg
That part in Psycho 3 when Norman as Mother straightened the crooked painting as he was stalking that reporter up the stairs was brilliant.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:39 am

Saw the original Alien yesterday for the first time. It was... good. Great atmosphere and I loved the realistic characterisation of the crew, but at the same time felt that more could've been done with that to make us care more. In the end, they were slasher fodder, just really good ones.

Cinematography was generally top-notch, although the strobing at the end irritated me(might just be me though).

As far as the pacing goes, I liked the slow burn, although the lack of any real establishment of who exactly these people are made it a bit sluggish for me.

Final question was what made Ripley try to shut down the self-destruct at the end, must've missed that moment.

Overall, it was a tense and creative sci-fi horror, I just wish the characters stood out a bit more.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:18 pm

Only good Alien was AVP. True.

Blade Runner 2 is a flop apparently. Dunno why. 3 hours long with five minutes of action and introduces more questions than answer. Seems like a box office lock to me.

I just want Denise Villanoob to go the fuck away. Why the hell is a faggy French-Cucknadian directing big budget Hollywood movies anyway? Jesus Christ, Sicario was a damn bore, and he let prime Emily Blunt avoid a nude scene. Fuck him.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:00 pm

They'll totally answer all of those question in the next movie, and it'll be the greatest thing ever.

(Srsly how hard is it to make a cyberpunk movie?)
Rushy wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:39 am
Final question was what made Ripley try to shut down the self-destruct at the end, must've missed that moment.
I think it had to do with the Alien blocking her escape route and her freaking out about running out of time.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:34 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:18 pm
he let prime Emily Blunt avoid a nude scene.
She would have avoided it anyway. Blunt is one of those who thinks she's 'too good' to take her clothes off now that she's a big celebrity.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Eh, I liked the new Blade Runner.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:54 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:33 pm
Tell me more
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:59 pm

Charlar wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:54 pm
TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:33 pm
Tell me more
It entertained me and looked pretty. I can't be bothered going into detail.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:23 pm

I loved the original Blade Runner but I have absolutely no interest in seeing this sequel. Don't care if it's a fucking masterpiece and the best film ever made (which seems to be what these {{{critics}}} are saying)