Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:37 pm

Hollywood is acting like some kind of Kickstarter project: Dangling kewl shit in front of their target audience, only to merely play lip-service at the end ("We promised you a gay Sulu, didn't we?!").

Not even sure what the point of this all is supposed to be. Unless there's like hot Sulu-on-Kirk / Yellow-on-Pink action involved in the plot, nobody gives a shit whether or not one of the characters identifies as a tri-gender fursona or a rock.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:25 am

Saw the original Evil Dead for the first time last night. Incredible accomplishment for an independent movie, even by modern standards.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Well, then you must also watch the second one some time. It's kind of a remake with the same actors. It's the weirdest sequell I know.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:51 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:36 pm
Well, then you must also watch the second one some time. It's kind of a remake with the same actors. It's the weirdest sequell I know.
I already told you what I'm like with franchises... sooner or later, I'll watch all of Ash vs Evil Dead.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:19 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:37 pm
Not even sure what the point of this all is supposed to be. Unless there's like hot Sulu-on-Kirk / Yellow-on-Pink action involved in the plot, nobody gives a shit whether or not one of the characters identifies as a tri-gender fursona or a rock.
They want to be able to social signal but they never go full on with it because they don't want to risk alienating normal people/China
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:09 pm

Evil Dead 2 is much better than the first one.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:55 pm

I also like it better but I wouldn't say it is better. They have different moods.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:04 pm

Finally went to see Trainspotting 2 in the cinema. Not really sure what to make of it to be honest. The pacing was very odd, for starters, very choppy(and not in a snappy, feverish way like the original) and the story took its sweet time to get a move on. I swear half of the movie is just the characters sitting around making grandiose speeches about nostalgia.
Still, Ewen Bremner was way better in this than he was in the original, Robert Carlyle was given a surprising amount of depth for such a flamboyant character, and I did like the more serious tone and how reliving their youth seemed to replace the heroin.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Ya Amber Heard Me?!

Post by Ya Amber Heard Me?! » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:05 am

It's time for the Jedi...to end.

And oh yeah, it doesn't look like an Empire remake at all, what with all the training in dark caves.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:26 am

But I assume the protagonist won't get any of her limbs chopped off because that's just sexist.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette