Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:11 pm

True. The old anime never really got past the massive flashback arc, and the new anime's decision to go with CGI is terrible. That doesn't do the gritty and gorgeous artwork justice at all.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:58 pm

Berserk 2016/2017 is budget as fuck. I don't even know if it served it's purpose as an extended commercial for the manga, I don't keep up with nip sales and shit.
I wonder if Muira just wants to be done with it. Theres a light novel spinoff that came out written by another author, I'm sure Berserk will just shit out a few LNs and be done with itself.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:23 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:08 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:18 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:19 am
But what about Berserk :-( ?!
I heard first about it just a few years ago. I've never watched or read anything from it and don't care to start doing so.
If you get curious, it's something you are better off reading.
Yup. Berserk is the only manga I'll spend money on at this point. There are scanlations out there for anyone who doesn't want to spend the money, though, obviously.

Haven't seen the new anime, but it's current year so it's probably shit, at least as far as the actual animation. The old anime is still petty good, at least it's CGI-free.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:00 am

Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:23 am
Poonoo wrote:
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:18 pm

I heard first about it just a few years ago. I've never watched or read anything from it and don't care to start doing so.
Yup. Berserk is the only manga I'll spend money on at this point. There are scanlations out there for anyone who doesn't want to spend the money, though, obviously.

Haven't seen the new anime, but it's current year so it's probably shit, at least as far as the actual animation. The old anime is still petty good, at least it's CGI-free.
I saw one episode and it looks fucking disgusting. They use cel shading for character animations and it looks worse than PS2 games using that style since they try to have it animate like an anime in 3D. Anime is usually stiff as fuck, in 3D it looks jarring since 3D animation always look smooth due to how it works.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:17 am

I have seen better cutscenes in Warriors-games. Which makes it all the more hilarious that this Berserk Warriors just uses clips from CGI Berserk.

Berserk deserves something akin to the Hellsing Ultimate OVAs. The first episode had some issues with somewhat inconsistent quality, but man did it ever bring the manga panels to life after that.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:37 am

Poonoo wrote:
Agreed. If you like reading comics, I'd greatly recommend the manga over the various anime. All the different anime are flawed in some way.
お前はもう死んでいる。

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:05 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:00 am

I saw one episode and it looks fucking disgusting. They use cel shading for character animations and it looks worse than PS2 games using that style since they try to have it animate like an anime in 3D. Anime is usually stiff as fuck, in 3D it looks jarring since 3D animation always look smooth due to how it works.
Netflix has been doing that a lot lately with anime. They took great mango that I enjoyed like Ajin, Blame!, Biomega etc and slapped their garbage ps1 CGI on it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Forky

Post by Forky » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:03 pm

Avoid 'Their Finest' if you don't enjoy having feminism crammed down your throat. I rented it because Gemma Arterton's fine ass was in it, and it may very well be the last movie of hers I see now that she's acting like a fucking rape victim*. The movie was produced, written, and directed by women, and it fucking shows. Apparently a strong feminist movie about Dunkirk is what saved the world from Hitler and won the Allies WW2. Not soldiers or nothing, just a bunch of fems sitting around jawing about how dumb and foolish men are.

*Removed her implants, chopped her hair off, and is currently on an apology tour for ever being sexy or starring in movies that weren't feminist.

In the same vein, I recently saw Texas Rising, the History Channel series from 2015. Holy fucking shit, what a mess. Historically inaccurate in every possible way, and the Yellow Rose of Texas (a light-skinned mulatto who fucked Santa Anna before the Battle of San Jacinto and literally did nothing else ever) is played by the darkest, most African actress you will ever see. And of course she's the fucking HERO of the movie. She's some super-spy now with a previous relationship with Sam Houston, who literally goes dumb around her and lives only to fuck her. Moral of the series: Texas was saved by a black chick. Go diversity!

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:01 am

Forky wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:03 pm
Avoid 'Their Finest' if you don't enjoy having feminism crammed down your throat. I rented it because Gemma Arterton's fine ass was in it, and it may very well be the last movie of hers I see now that she's acting like a fucking rape victim*. The movie was produced, written, and directed by women, and it fucking shows. Apparently a strong feminist movie about Dunkirk is what saved the world from Hitler and won the Allies WW2. Not soldiers or nothing, just a bunch of fems sitting around jawing about how dumb and foolish men are.

*Removed her implants, chopped her hair off, and is currently on an apology tour for ever being sexy or starring in movies that weren't feminist.

In the same vein, I recently saw Texas Rising, the History Channel series from 2015. Holy fucking shit, what a mess. Historically inaccurate in every possible way, and the Yellow Rose of Texas (a light-skinned mulatto who fucked Santa Anna before the Battle of San Jacinto and literally did nothing else ever) is played by the darkest, most African actress you will ever see. And of course she's the fucking HERO of the movie. She's some super-spy now with a previous relationship with Sam Houston, who literally goes dumb around her and lives only to fuck her. Moral of the series: Texas was saved by a black chick. Go diversity!
It's really sickening, disgusting and nauseating what they do.

Unrelated, my dad is a fan of the original Planet of the Apes movie series and he liked the new Dawn of the Apes (he's nearly 60 and rarely go the cinema) so he might go see the new one and might ask me to see it with him. So i looked it up and the movie has a part where the apes are forced to build a wall, they learned nothing from the whole "Whaa Trump is mean" smear campaign so get ready to see it more often in movies. I don't know why a small part of me think it's just coincidence and that forced labor was in movies before
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Yut

Post by Yut » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:32 am

That's the problem with making everything political. Even if something's innocent, it's taken as a political statement because you (the filmmaker) never shut up about it.