Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:45 pm

Lemme guess, the main characters are high schoolers?
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:06 pm

Throne of Dysentery wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:33 am
It says “announced” on IMDB, so who knows. I hope it gets made, though; the film industry is in desperate need of more Ah-nold.
The producer actively came out and said the studio aren't making it
http://archive.is/Hjf14

Throne of Dysentery

Post by Throne of Dysentery » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:47 am

Fine, fuck it, just more disappointment. At least there’s going to be Triplets, which I’m sure is going to be a real chucklefest.
I never sold my Daewoo. I kept getting low-balled and said fuck it. I’m going to keep it and watch it soar in value!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:00 pm

Psycho 2... eh?
Okay, the film started off really well. 20 years have improved Anthony Perkins' acting(not that it was bad to begin with), the story ties well into the original and I liked the focus on Norman trying his hardest to stay sane.

What it suffered from was pretty lackluster direction(save for a few Dutch angles) and a story that gets ridiculously convoluted towards the end:

Basically, Norman gets released, but Marion Crane's sister and niece try to drive him insane again as payback(the niece goes back and forth cause Norman wouldn't hurt a fly), but then actual murders start to happen, caused by Norman's aunt, who is actually his real mom.
In the end, a really pissed off Norman kills his aunt, puts HER corpse in the room and it all goes back to the beginning.

You got all that?

So yeah, plus points for psychological horror and restraint(a rarity in the 80s), minus for being basically fanfiction.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:33 pm

Glad I dodged that bullet when I decided to not care about Psycho 2.
GodsGift wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:58 pm
Looking up the plot it doesn't seem to bad for Jap shit don't know why he'd make an adaption though, that can only be crap in the making.
My guess is that he figures the source material is obscure enough for Western cinema audiences that they'll think it's his original idea (do not steal).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:31 pm

Wow, so Psycho is part of the big family of horror movie franchises with way too many fucking sequels?!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Was it Psycho 4 where Norman sucks a dude off in a truckstop gloryhole, gets AIDS, pretends it was from a blood transfusion, then dies?

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:40 pm

Better: Psycho IV has Norman go on a radio talk show to recite his backstory(in flashbacks like a clip show). It's also around this time that he recorded this gem.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=c6s5DjcLWUI
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:37 pm
Was it Psycho 4 where Norman sucks a dude off in a truckstop gloryhole, gets AIDS, pretends it was from a blood transfusion, then dies?
Not as weird as the direct to TV movie Bates Motel that has a character meet with a younger alternate reality version of herself who committed suicide
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:49 am

I keep wondering how that Bates Motel TV series is. It ended not too long ago and I was thinking of binging it over the next few weeks.

I like the original Psycho quite a bit. First saw it back in high school. I am apparently one of the lucky few who didn't get spoiled in regards to the twist.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.