Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Throne of Dysentery

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Throne of Dysentery » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:43 am

veris leta facies wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:32 pm
Throne of Dysentery wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:13 am
No Milian this week; instead, there's some Maurizio "I'm not Franco Nero" Merli.
I was thinking about Rome Armed to the Teeth, but if sans Milian, Merli-only Lenzi, then Violent Naples.
I watched Violent Naples; The Cynic, the Rat, and the Fist; and From Corleone to Brooklyn, respectively. All solid films, but the gold standard for poliziotteschi in my opinion is Deodato's Live Like a Cop, Die Like a Man.
I never sold my Daewoo. I kept getting low-balled and said fuck it. I’m going to keep it and watch it soar in value!

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:43 am

Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:43 am
All solid films, but the gold standard for poliziotteschi in my opinion is Deodato's Live Like a Cop, Die Like a Man.
Oh yeah, that's an ultimate feel good movie and true ode to Machismo. If the opening chase scene alone won't cheer your day, nothing will. That scene btw was filmed illegally without any requisite permits, Deodato's guerilla style shooting.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:10 am

Night At The Museum was a charming trilogy imo.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Throne of Dysentery

Post by Throne of Dysentery » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:07 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:43 am
Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:43 am
All solid films, but the gold standard for poliziotteschi in my opinion is Deodato's Live Like a Cop, Die Like a Man.
Oh yeah, that's an ultimate feel good movie and true ode to Machismo. If the opening chase scene alone won't cheer your day, nothing will. That scene btw was filmed illegally without any requisite permits, Deodato's guerilla style shooting.
Damn right; the man's a master of subversive cinema. My personal favorite, though, has to be The House on the Edge of the Park. I love me some sleazy and smutty violence. Also, I pretty much enjoy anything with Giovanni Lombardo Radice and David Hess.
I never sold my Daewoo. I kept getting low-balled and said fuck it. I’m going to keep it and watch it soar in value!

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:11 pm

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:07 pm
Damn right; the man's a master of subversive cinema. My personal favorite, though, has to be The House on the Edge of the Park. I love me some sleazy and smutty violence. Also, I pretty much enjoy anything with Giovanni Lombardo Radice and David Hess.
I remember this one time, years ago, I was watching some Italian horror films with my friends and we got to Cannibal Ferox. None of us knew this Radice guy who played Mike in that film but we really enjoyed his bad acting (could be due the bad dubbing) and how he got his head sliced in half. The next movie in line was City of the Living dead and I guess you know what happens to his character in that one. :lol: So, Radice was long to me "that guy whose speciality is getting his head mutilated". I agree he did a great job in HotEotP, althought he kept his head intact (boo). I found that one a really enjoyable sleazefest even though I didn't care about The Last House on the Left or Bergman's The Virgin Spring, two movies it's loosely based on. I haven't yet been disappointed by any Deodato's film. The Atlantis Interceptors will be next one on my Deodato watchlist.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:25 pm

Are there some videos you can't embed?

Anyway, Tomb Raider trailer. Just terrible. Looks cheap, and the lead actress is literally a tiny muscular boy. Even for nuLara she's a fucking disgrace.

6 million opening weekend, gone in two weeks.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:38 am

The YT script can only handle the regular link. Your link was directing to reply to a comment. Time copied links, shortened "youtu.be" and mobile links also don't work.

Yeah, looks fucking shit. That jump from the ship was when I tapped out. It's a video game movie so it's bound to be terrible anyway.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:42 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:38 am
The YT script can only handle the regular link. Your link was directing to reply to a comment. Time copied links, shortened "youtu.be" and mobile links also don't work.

Yeah, looks fucking shit. That jump from the ship was when I tapped out. It's a video game movie so it's bound to be terrible anyway.
The only video game movie i'll defend is the 90's live action Street Fighter for one reason Raul Julia as M. Bison was perfect or damn close
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:44 am

Too bad everything else was terrible. Not even in the so bad it's good kinda way. It's got that embarrassing "direct to video Mortal Kombat sequel" vibe.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:44 am

Oh fuck me, they played Man Down on tv here, at least i didn't pay for it. Directed by Dito Montiel, written Adam G. Simon and starring Shia LaBeouf.
The plot is Shia LaBeouf play a Veteran from the Iraq war who tries to find his family in a post-apocalyptic America and features scenes from the past shot really brightly but sepia toned while the present scenes are obviously green screen.
The ending was predictable but still atrocious: America's not a post-apocalyptic shithole, Shia is a crazy hobo who shot his dog and another hobo, he stole his daughter from his wife. When the police shoot his ass the movie bathes him in a heavenly glow as he dies surrounded by his loved ones. THEN the movie show statistics of homeless veterans in America and implore the viewers to make a change.

After what the fucking movie did i actually was offended it preached down to me and i'm not easily offended
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes