Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:42 pm

Rushy wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:12 am
Surprisingly, I actually ended up enjoying Texas Chainsaw 3D quite a bit. Yeah, it was illogical and got really lame with turning Leatherface a hero at the end, but the teens were alright, it was neat to see a direct continuation of the 1974 film and it was paced well enough.

Most notably, I think Dan Yeager is the only guy to really feel like the same Leatherface(Bill Johnson from TCM 2 comes close, but that film is a comedy).

I must also applaud the choice of Bill Moseley(Chop Top in TCM 2) as Drayton, who pulled off a great Jim Siedow impression despite not looking anything like him.

So yeah, it wasn't a great film, but it's easily the best since Tobe Hooper. Now I've just got to muster up the interest to watch the remake prequel and I'm finally done with this franchise.
I really liked the girl not from Texas telling Texas native Leatheface "Welcome to Texas".

Oh, and the girl that's supposed to be in her 40s played by a girl in her mid 20s.

No, this movie was trash, written by the same idiot that wrote and directed Jason Goes To Hell.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:40 pm

sigh wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:02 am
Of course it was, Every fucking time the mechanical overlords need a individual humanoid avatar to interact with humanity.
Especially after establishing the overlord is actually a computer cluster you can't actually just "defeat" by shooting it.

And fuck, I just stumbled upon a Terminator wiki and the comics have a T-Infinity, which is like a humanoid time machine. And apparently that didn't cause them to auto-win.

(Then again they would've probably auto-won after coming up with nanites 'n' shit, but this is getting too spergy already.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:33 pm

Apparently the Deadpool director is doing T3. I don't know why.

Throne of Dysentery

Post by Throne of Dysentery » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:46 am

Not only do we have Terminator 3(6?) coming, but the Twins sequel Triplets and The Legend of Conan! AH-NOLD! It’s a great time to be alive, you guys.
I never sold my Daewoo. I kept getting low-balled and said fuck it. I’m going to keep it and watch it soar in value!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:52 pm

I don't care what anyone says, Schwarzenegger will always be synonymous with movie star.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:58 pm

Exactly. There aren't a lot of folks like him around these days.

And not to sure what to think of those "decades after the last one" sequels. Those tend to be a bit meh.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:17 pm

And Arnold movie without Arnold works about as good as a Jim Carrey movie without Jim Carrey. They shouldn't even bother.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:15 pm

Watch nuT3 be even worse than the other sequels. Cameron's producing and writing, I think, but people forget he's an awful fucking writer on par with Jar Jar Abrams. He can shoot a great action scene (or could before he cucked out), but Avatar was a hit for no good reason and was a massive piece of shit.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:30 pm

Oh he's going to fuck it up for sure. Ever since Titanic he's gone obsessed with making the next big thing. He will spend incredible amounts of money to make that film so it won't be too hard for it to fail.
Of course, there's the important China market so god knows what he's going to do to appeal to the riceniggers.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:50 pm

Ditched the shitty TCM and Hellraiser sequels in favor of seeing Psycho for the first time.
As a patient individual, I have to admit it slogged just a little... I wasn't on the edge of my seat watching Norman mop the floor.

But it was superb for the most part. I especially liked Perkins's very naturalistic performance, the deliberate use of monochrome(looks fantastic) and Hitchcock's eye for good camera shots. It's a classic.
Aaaaaaand now for Psycho 2...
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.