Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Auli

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Auli » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:23 pm

It's fucking India up because some people think the main character existed, some don't. And the movie doesn't really asnwer that.

Or something.

Also: There's a remake of Kickboxer. Just saw it after Google'ing.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:01 pm

Bride Of Chucky has to be one of the most creative sequels out there. It's a laugh all the way through.
And Jennifer Tilly is still hot as a doll.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:00 pm

Jennifer Tilly used to fuck Sam Simon and he coomed inside her many time

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:58 am

Jennifer Tilly has one of the sexiest voices there is. Mmmm.

When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:00 am

Rushy wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:01 pm
Bride Of Chucky has to be one of the most creative sequels out there. It's a laugh all the way through.
And Jennifer Tilly is still hot as a doll.
Yup. She's 60 or close to it. She looked really good in Cult of Chucky.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:18 pm

Seed Of Chucky is definitely the weirdest of the series and there's a lot of it that probably should've been cut, but at the same time, it's full of absolutely priceless situational comedy and Dourif kills it.
Billy Boyd was also well cast as the eponymous seed(though the split personality thing was kinda last minute).

Considering the hate that this one gets, I'd say it's underrated. Chucky's misadventures are as funny as they were in Bride, it's just a less polished film overall. I think with a re edit, it could be my favourite.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:01 pm

Curse Of Chucky sees Dourif do his more traditional demented performance rather than the campy one he usually gives as Chucky. He's great, but seeing Chucky as a psychopath instead of a sociopath like the previous films is jarring and feels OOC.

Curse has a great gothic atmosphere, but most of the cast weren't really interesting and I definitely didn't care for not having Chucky properly until like an hour in(he basically just shows up for the killing and exposition at the end).

Overall, a decent horror flick, but kind of a shit Chucky film. Or maybe it just depends on what you want from this franchise. I've never found it scary, so the attempts to modernise it and make it all serious and real fell flat, especially since it's still supposed to be the same continuity, not some reboot.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:21 pm

Da fuq? Jen Tilly wasn't even hot when she was 30. And Kickboxer Redux already has a sequel.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:23 pm

Cult Of Chucky combines the kooky Bride/Seed side of the franchise with the dour Curse side, and for the most part, it really works.
The pacing is similar to Curse, with the storyline being kept largely a mystery until the final act. The asylum setting and just the concept of a fucking Chucky clone army gives the film humor, but at the cost of the character's uniqueness.

The film also tries too hard to set up the next movie(even worse than Curse's multiple endings), as the whole Andy subplot could've been dropped, it's just there to re-establish his character. Vincent is still pretty cool though.

Not sure where the franchise goes from here, but I do know I miss the simple wacky adventure vibes from Bride and Seed. Curse and Cult are the horror equivalent of Man Of Steel and BvS(much better ofc, but you get my drift).
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:49 pm

They have yet to make Chucky in Space and Chucky in Dah Hood, as far as I know.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette