Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Movie Thread

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:39 pm

I can't think of a single negative thing to say about Hellraiser 1. It surpassed my expectations, and I saw it for the first time six months or a year ago. So no nostalgia here. It reminded me of those other cult horror classics like Event Horizon and The Thing.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Both are better, though.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:06 pm

Hellraiser is a great film although I agree with Kugel that John Carpenter's The Thing is superior. I still haven't seen Event Horizon but I'll fix that this October.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:48 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:49 pm
Both are better, though.
Better? Yes. I didn't mention Alien because that's better too. But I found Hellraiser "scarier" than the others. I realize that's subjective, but The Thing wasn't particularly scary IMO.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:30 am

I was not expecting Hellraiser 2 to be a piece of shit. Felt like one of those glorifying sequels from 20 years later.
"Let's give Pinhead a backstory! Let's set it in the Cenobite realm! Let's bring back the whole cast even if they have nothing to do! Let's not explain anything that's going on cause the fans will get it! Let's make our own cool catchphrase-spewing Cenobite! Let's include a token forbidden romance cause it was in the first film!"

Cool special effects, but they went way too far from the stark simplicity of Hellraiser 1 imo.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:36 pm

I've never seen the Hellraiser sequels but I know that most fans of the series think 2 is the only sequel that comes close to matching the first one. If you hated 2 then the rest of the series is going to be an extremely bumpy ride for you.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:50 pm

The space sequel is fucking weird. You get some meh prequel short stories, with some sci-fi shit inbetween.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Mr. Saoirse Ronan

Post by Mr. Saoirse Ronan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:55 pm

I thought the space stuff was okay. When I first saw it I thought it was chopped to pieces with the space stuff filmed later to glue it all together, like some failed over-budget movie or something, but it turns out that's how it was supposed to seem. Weird. Rimmer was fucking hot, though.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:37 pm

Blake Lively's White Jinx movie has a name, The Rhythm Section. Seems lame just reading it. She's hot as fuck, though, so I might redbox it. It's from Babs Broccolli, famous for ruining James Bond and creating Black Jinx, so expect it to be unsexy as hell, bloodless, and lecturing.

Ready made for Chinese theaters!

In other news, Lively's apparently doing an MMA movie too. Seems right. MMA is so damn gay the only way to appreciate it un-ironically is if it's about Amazonian white girls.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:43 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:37 pm

In other news, Lively's apparently doing an MMA movie too. Seems right. MMA is so damn gay the only way to appreciate it un-ironically is if it's about Amazonian white girls.
I'm just glad the fucking Ronda Rousey meme seems to finally be over.
Is Spoony dead yet?