Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Big Brown Titties

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Big Brown Titties » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:54 pm

Everything has theoretical sequels these days. I think it's mostly a contact thing where they con the low-paid cable tv actors into signing on for ten films or whatever JUST IN CASE a series takes off.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:35 pm

That or crazy directors like Ridley Scott and James Cameron who keep their career on autopilot for the rest of their lives to work on this one thing nobody even cares about, but are allowed to because they used to be big in the 90s.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Vulcan

Post by Vulcan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:14 am

I've been watching films I saw ages ago in order to remind myself of their greatness and I have just finished viewing Olivier's Henry V. He does his best to take what is a rather bland character and imbue him with some of that trademark Olivier vitality. I also like the structuring of the film, with some interesting ansychronicity in the opening staging of it and the final act being one of the finest battle sequences ever filmed.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:22 pm

I read spoilers for the live action Ghost in the Shell movie, because I'm sure as hell never going to see it, but was curious about how bad they fucked it up. Fucking lmao, the twist ending involving the Major is both hilarious and totally predictable.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:28 pm

That twist gotta piss off "I wish I were born Japanese" weeabos.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:55 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:That twist gotta piss off "I wish I were born Japanese" weeabos.
What about the actual japanese?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:58 pm

I think they're actually cool with it because they already figured that the long-nosed gaijins would use one of theirs as the lead role.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:05 pm

The Bride of Frankenstein was overhyped af.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:03 am

So apparently, the Yellow Reboot Ranger being lesbian (aka "OMG FIRST QUEER SUPER HERO EVARR!") was barely even hinted at in the actual movie, let alone spelled out.

Really, Saban? You can't just promote your shit by having a lesbian on board and then dance around the issue. This is like some weird offshoot of the famous Phasma Syndrome. I thought Hollywood was full of libtards.
-Yours Truly

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:07 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:So apparently, the Yellow Reboot Ranger being lesbian (aka "OMG FIRST QUEER SUPER HERO EVARR!") was barely even hinted at in the actual movie, let alone spelled out.

Really, Saban? You can't just promote your shit by having a lesbian on board and then dance around the issue. This is like some weird offshoot of the famous Phasma Syndrome. I thought Hollywood was full of libtards.
Didn't they do that kind of shit in the latest Star Trek movie by saying they were making Sulu gay and all it amounted to was a few seconds that didn't really amount to anything
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes