Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:07 pm

The fantastical elements aren't that fantastical.

I found the movie only so-so on my first watch, but it has grown on me since. I guess it's because the pacing a lot more decompressed than in similar fantasy action romps. It's almost like the gaming session of some tabletop RPG dorks. Just replace the bad guys with beastmen or orcs.

And Excalibur is fabulous. Definitely the JoJo of medieval fantasy.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:06 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:03 pm
"Didn't like the actor's voice. 2/10 would not recommend."
Honestly that's how I feel about Casey Affleck.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Auli

Post by Auli » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:34 am

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 yesterday.

I fell asleep at points, lots in the middle. So when it ended, I felt it was kind of meh, boring and a bit too much at the end.

I then went back and watched the middle, and it was a good, fun movie.

Next movie I'm gonna watch might be: Bahubali 2: The Conclusion
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:45 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:42 pm
I remember when that verymeh Conan the Barbarian remake came out, a "professional" movie reviewer was triggered that Jason Momoa's voice sounded like "a jock that might beat up gays". So the beta gave it a negative review.
It's not verymeh, it's absolutely garbage and disgrace to one of the greatest films ever. But I'd love to see some feminist black list of movies, ones that offend them most. Could be a good source to find recommendations.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:40 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:48 pm
Go watch Excalibur ('80s movie) if you want a sick-ass medieval movie for macho macho men.
I just can't comprehend the director directing a sex scene with his own nude daughter. The actor hired to plow her must have been sweating bullets.
veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:45 pm
It's not verymeh, it's absolutely garbage and disgrace to one of the greatest films ever.
I like the Arnold films a lot. But I hear people say it's a very inaccurate adaptation of the books. Never read 'em, so I can't say. I Netflixed the Momoa one and to be honest I can't remember a thing about it. Literally nothing.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:48 pm

I think the main difference is that Arnold Canon focused mostly on the barbarian aspect, whereas Novel Conan is a bit more hans-solo-ish, jack-of-all-trades-ish. Your typical pulp hero who manages to weasel his way through Eldritch dangers and stuff for fame and ladies.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:40 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:48 pm
Go watch Excalibur ('80s movie) if you want a sick-ass medieval movie for macho macho men.
I just can't comprehend the director directing a sex scene with his own nude daughter. The actor hired to plow her must have been sweating bullets.
I imagine the scene was awkward for all involved
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:49 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:40 pm
Kate Beckinsale's only good sex scene was filmed by her husband. (Underworld 2) Of course, he traded her in for a younger model the first chance he got, so he probably didn't care. Probably pimped her out to his buddies for laughs.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:58 pm

Filming a sex scene with your wife in it is a little bit different to filming a sex scene with your fucking daughter in it.

Also, Kate Beckinsale's got no shortage of toyboys herself. Her new boyfriend is like 20.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:04 pm

She had to try and save face somehow after getting dropped like an old woman.

So Guy Ritchie is directing Aladdin now, because that was something the world needed apparently. When the fuck is Sherlock 3 happening? It's hard to believe it's going on six years since the last one.