Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Seele

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Seele » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:12 am

I would've said "The Disaster Artist", but that's a movie cashing in on a terrible director/actor of a pre-existing movie that was memed to death by le geek culture with a hack fraud actor who can't even do a reasonable Tommy Wiseau impression.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

Auli

Post by Auli » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:21 am

I like James Franco.

And if you guys haven't seen The Room, RedLetterMedia has a rifftrack on it now.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:28 am

I'd rather just listen to the Disaster Artist audiobook again.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:52 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:28 am
I'd rather just listen to the Disaster Artist audiobook again.
Supposedly, it's the best work Greg Sestero has ever done, but I have yet to hear it for myself.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:02 pm

It's 12 hours but I listened to the whole thing in an entire sitting. I was enraptured.
Greg's Tommy impression is also 1:1, it's like he's in the same room.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:05 pm

Decided to fill a gap in my horror marathons by watching the Romero zombie films(at least up to Land... not sure if Diary and Survival are worth it). Hopefully will be fun.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:45 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:02 pm
It's 12 hours but I listened to the whole thing in an entire sitting. I was enraptured.
Greg's Tommy impression is also 1:1, it's like he's in the same room.
Lol, I'm going to have to give it a listen soon then. :lol:
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:11 pm

Birth of the Dragon could have been great but it wasn't.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:55 pm

Zootopia (2016)

I was forced to watch this on Christmas with some family kids and FFS was it hard to hide my frustration and pretend to laugh at the lame jokes of this Disney turd. I didn't know the current year (+1) Disney is THIS preachy, is it too much to ask to want nowadays even occasionally some piece of entertainment without muh feminism and multiculturalism? Here we have our Mary Sue bunny, perfect in every way and amazing at everything she does, and she wishes to be a cop but no one believes in her dreams cause she's not big and stronk like Ahnuld and her race, but surprise surprise, despite toxic patriarchy trying to constantly put her down she turns out to be the best cop everrrr. Then there's a scene where some tiger calls her cute and she lectures him that "it's ok if a bunny calls another bunny cute, but it's offensive if some other animal does it". :roll: There's a fox who has scammed other animals his whole life but it turns out at the end that he really has a heart of gold and turned this way not because he's a shitty person, but only cause HE ENCOUNTERED RACISM IN HIS CHILDHOOD. Remember kids, all drug dealers, muggers and such on the streets out there are the outcome of racism.

The moral of this cultural marxist shitfest is this: You can be anything you ever want, only thing stopping you is the bigoted, racist and sexist society. You can always blame all the hardships you encounter in life on (institutional and actual) racism and patriarchy which are the only problems in the world.

Paprika (2006)

I was in a need of good brainwashing after yesterdays traumatic experience and decided only another animation can null the effect of Zooshitia. I tend to keep away from animu and mango, they are for homos and as being normal it's hard to fully enjoy this homophilic form of entertainment. However, someone whose opinion on movies I respect recommended this to me so I rolled a fat spliff and blazed it (as was also recommended) and gave the film a shot.

Pretty good, pretty good. Not a complete bullseye, but I was impressed. The Top 1 thing I hate in anime, the nauseating anime-hyperventilation where events are swarmed to the screen and the glorious Nippon language is constantly spewn with a fire rate of machine gun which can get me at the brink of rage under one second, was gratefully missing here. It was fast-paced but done with good taste and style. Visually really a feast for the eyes and storywise interesting how online personalities and daydreaming about oneself generally can differ from reality. Faith in animu partially restored.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:07 pm

Satoshi Kon was the anti-animu artiste. His death is one of the greatest losses of the entire industry.
veris leta facies wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:55 pm
Then there's a scene where some tiger calls her cute and she lectures him that "it's ok if a bunny calls another bunny cute, but it's offensive if some other animal does it". :roll:
I remember a trailer where some rhino did the "cute" comment and was all "I'm sorry" as if he accidentally used a racial slur or something.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette