Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:56 pm

Is that what it is? Triple A? Does a Power Rangers movie, of all things, qualify for AAA doubleplusgood tier in [current year]+2?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:59 pm

It certainly tried to get the typical AAA look and grimdarkness down. Also all the Zords are incomprehensible Bayformer garbage. The Mastodon is like some eight-legged insect thing.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Layin' Pipe

Post by Layin' Pipe » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:40 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:19 pm
Too much jaw for my taste
I can see it. Here she is in that makeout scene from the Atomic Blonde trailer. It's hot, but maybe two seconds longer than what we've already seen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12mXEmOiUko

Taco Jim

Post by Taco Jim » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:46 pm

The Mummy had the most out-of-place verbal confrontation between Hot Blonde Professor and Hot Mummy I've seen in a long time, that added nothing at all to the plot, basically amounting to: "We're going to stop you!" "No you're not! Ha ha!"

It was the Bechdel Test: the female leads in a movie are required to have at least one conversation with each other or it's sexist and patriarchal.

Fucking snowflakes. The Bechdel test was satire created in some shitty webcomic. It was never supposed to be a real thing, and the Mummy scene shows how stupid it is.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:10 pm

If only they had another female good guy, they could've gone "Nice weather, huh?" - "Indeed."
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:37 pm

Rewatched the Evil Dead trilogy, this time as a single movie edited together. I still kinda wish they'd done the post-apocalypse film(with a darker tone, because Army of Darkness got way too goofy).

As a single film, it didn't work as well as I'd hoped, but it was cool to see Bruce's development from vulnerable artist to action hero. Or, if you will, from a poor actor to somebody who knows what works for him. Hail to the king, baby.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Taco Jim

Post by Taco Jim » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:15 pm

If you saw one Transformers, you've seen them all. Ungh.

They aren't even pretending about China now, either. Before the Paramount logo even comes up, the movie starts with a title card:

Paramount presents
A China company 1
China company 2
China company 3
Production

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:04 pm

So, apparently a James Bond Cinematic Universe may be in the works...
at least it will once they stop stalking Daniel Craig.
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:18 pm

Really? Does that mean both M and Miss Moneypenny will get their own trilogies? I don't really see a movie in the James Bond universe succeeding if it's not actually about James Bond.
-Yours Truly

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:21 pm

They wanted to do something similar back in 2002, make a spin-off based on Halle Berry's character from Die Another Day.
Kugelfisch wrote: