Baby Boomers and Millenial Shitposts

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard

Re: Baby Boomers and Millenial Shitposts

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:58 pm

Trump needs to declare as an Independent for the next election. Drops this Republican stuff and just run as Mr. MAGA.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:36 am

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:56 pm
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:02 am
I want to murder anyone associated with creating that shit.
I'm pretty sure it's just meant to be a silly parody rather than anything serious; if anything it seems to be making fun of texting. It actually looks like a potentially funny idea, though it's all in the execution and I can't judge that without reading it.
There are free downloads of this stuff out on the internet, what screenshoots have seen don't seem to indicate good execution and that it seems to not be a parody but something the "writers' want taken seriously, makes it harder to read and Reddit loves it.

You don't wanto to share an opinion with Reddit, do you?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:13 am

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:56 pm
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:02 am
I want to murder anyone associated with creating that shit.
I'm pretty sure it's just meant to be a silly parody rather than anything serious; if anything it seems to be making fun of texting. It actually looks like a potentially funny idea, though it's all in the execution and I can't judge that without reading it.
It's harmless. It's not the first time some cringey adaptation of a classical work has been done like this, in the first place. You don't even need to read it-- it's going to have terrible execution but it's also not really going to ever truly become, "a thing," that anyone cares about to any level that would endanger reading the actual work it's based off of.

But we're on DHI so we should probably start pretending it's the worst thing in the world because reasons.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:56 pm

These books rape my childhood.

Though I guess a rap version of Faust might produce some lulz...
Guest wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:58 pm
Trump needs to declare as an Independent for the next election. Drops this Republican stuff and just run as Mr. MAGA.
Anything that ends this two-party system. Way too much autism has congregated on both sides. They need a fresh start.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:23 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:56 pm
Guest wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:58 pm
Anything that ends this two-party system. Way too much autism has congregated on both sides. They need a fresh start.
Far more likely to hand the election to the Democrats than end the two-party system, as that just splits the vote among the Republicans. It'd essentially be a repeat of the 1912 presidential election when Theodore Roosevelt ran as an independent). You need a party or candidate that can manage to drag a decent number of voters from both the Republicans and Democrats to be able to compete, or else you just split the vote and let the other party win. Ross Perot managed that to a certain extent (and who knows, he might have been able to win if he hadn't suspended his campaign for a while and lost a ton of momentum), but I don't see Trump pulling that off.

Alternatively, phasing out first past the post voting in favor of another system could do the trick. First past the post doesn't inherently lead to a two-party system, but it strongly favors it. Don't expect to see that, though, because the Democrats and Republicans are completely aware of that fact and would have no interest in getting rid of first past the post as a result.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:08 am
What else are you gonna do on a bus ride?
Why manspreading, of course!
Guest wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:42 am
What irks me about this thread, where is gen-z?

https://i.imgur.com/VAeA885.jpg
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:56 pm
Though I guess a rap version of Faust might produce some lulz...
You're saying that as if that didn't already exist. There are versions of Faust in Kanacken-speak.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!