Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer attacked by HuffPo

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer attacked by HuffPo

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:44 am

"Blackface" isn't really a thing in Europe anyway.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:42 am

I realize it's different. There was an international incident in Australia where some guys dressed up as the Jackson 5 in a comedy sketch with black makeup except for the guy playing Michael Jackson who wore white makeup. American "celebrity" Harry Connick Jr. was in attendance and he threw a huge tantrum about it. The Aussie's didn't understand the problem. So we had all these angry Aussies showing up in some of our internet forums mad at Yanks. I told them that Harry Connick Jr. was a completely washed-up celebrity and they shouldn't get so invested in his opinion.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:09 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:42 am
I realize it's different. There was an international incident in Australia where some guys dressed up as the Jackson 5 in a comedy sketch with black makeup except for the guy playing Michael Jackson who wore white makeup. American "celebrity" Harry Connick Jr. was in attendance and he threw a huge tantrum about it. The Aussie's didn't understand the problem. So we had all these angry Aussies showing up in some of our internet forums mad at Yanks. I told them that Harry Connick Jr. was a completely washed-up celebrity and they shouldn't get so invested in his opinion.
I remember that, I am fully aware of the history of blackface so when I saw it my mouth was literally wide open in shock of what the fuck I was watching. It was watched by a lot of people since it was a reunion of an old aussie variety show called Hey Hey It's Saturday which was big in the 80s and 90s. The segment in question was the aussie rip off of The Gong Show, and the same guys did the act in 1989 with the Michael Jackson guy being in blackface too. They brought back a few older contestants on the show for it, but that incident killed any chance of the show making a comeback.

Harry Connick Jr did something that is seen as typical of yank celebrities when they come here when he lectured us about his cultural moral standards and making us adhere to them. This has happened a few times, Pink once came here and bitched up about our farmers abusing animal rights and there was that incident with the "racist" KFC ad where a white guy was sitting in a sports crowd with a bunch black people and offered them fried chicken. Of course, the whole fried chicken stereotype doesn't exist here unless you are young and have seen yank TV reference it, and it was during the cricket when the West Indies were having matches against Australia. It was obvious it was meant to be like a Yankees fan giving fried chicken to Red Sox fans he was surrounded by, or an Englishmen giving it to a bunch of Argentines wearing Maradonna jerseys, but yanks took it the wrong way and got offended.

A few years later and parts of our MSM are pushing this PC crap. The ABC and SBS in particular are really fucking shit (surprise, surprise they are publicly funded).
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:23 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:44 am
"Blackface" isn't really a thing in Europe anyway.
Unless you count Günther Wallraff, investigative journalist extraordinaire who wanted to expose German racism but only really found out that people don't react positively to a guy in cheap blackface who goes around annoying people like an autist (including hitting on their gfs) while trying and failing to hide his dialect.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:33 am

That was fucking hilarious! He failed right at the premise with wanting to prove something that's far off mark. Why try to pass for a nigger in the first place? I'm not aware of any racist stereotypes about niggers that are native to Germany or imported and well known. Going for gypsy or turkroach would've worked a lot better.
And his acting. Oh boy. I always found the guy to be really, really awkward. If you watch any interview with him, he seems completely out of it and living in an entirely different reality. Typical journo. But he turned that autism up to eleven to play a brain damaged nigger. Wonderful. He got away looking more racist than all those people he presumed to be racist.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:27 am

Shit, what if he actually believes pocs to be like that?

Man, it's a good thing this water melon and chicken stereotype is not a thing over here. Otherwise he would've carried a backpack full of that.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette