What have you been banned for on other forums?

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What have you been banned for on other forums?

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:06 am

Something Awful sure lives up to it's name. If I had to name something I hate about the place, other than the shit mentioned, it would be the terrible humor they all seem to share. This kinda dad-joke humor with a hipster attitude. It's okay because they know it's lame, they will claim. Fuck'em! On the list they go!

Habermann is a loony. He used to be your typical goth/emo faggot, just of the "don't come to school tomorrow" variety rather than the writing poetry kind.
I still have my Metokur T-shirt. I guess it's pretty much an artifact at this point. I can't imagine there existing more than five of those.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:12 am

Got banned from a forum once, as a kid, for being associated with a group that said, "Bunchies Wins!" a lot.

Literally did nothing but log in one day and got banned for being friends with them off-site.

Aside from that I've only been temp banned places for telling them their rules were stupid.

TheProgressive

Post by TheProgressive » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:40 pm

I was banned from The Escapist way back in 2010 for disagreeing with the politics of one of the mods, I wasn't even particularly rude or dismissive or anything.

I was banned from the Spoony forum because I called bullshit on one chap who essentially told me what my opinion on something was (and when I disagreed, he said I had "convinced myself" that I had that opinion and it wasn't what I really thought).

Both over really pointless and stupid shit really.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:07 am

I got shadowbanned on the Warframe forums after my third warning.

First warning was for being snarky with someone and they didn't like it so they reported me even though I didn't actually do anything wrong (apparently being sarcastic is also being condescending, particularly when it's related to information you can easily find).

Second was for calling someone, "dumb." Literally just the word, "dumb." They came to the forum, antagonized a bunch of people, got buttmad when people started firing back. I called them dumb for doing it. I got warned. They didn't.

Third was for something really stupid that I don't even remember. Essentially it came down to, "how dare you not be 100% positive at all times and call people who are self-aggrandizing out," because it's apparently a normal thing to brag about buying new players expensive in-game items. They weren't happy with what I posted in the topic and I don't remember what it was.

Was told I'd be put on moderator review but that was absolute BS. Lasted a month. I ended up chewing the mod who gave me my third warning out for not following through with approving my posts because there was absolutely no way that my posts were bad enough to not be approved.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:44 pm

Don't you just love thin-skinned mods on an ego trip?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:08 pm

I always picture a fat cuckson looking mofo on sites that have voluntairy mods. (or any form of free moderators, only egomaniacs who want to abuse powers will go for that).

edit: just like when on steam you look at a moderators profile its always some dweeb who would be afraid to step one foot out the door if he knew there was a possibility of seeing a living person there.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:54 pm

And then one day one of these fuckers gets so triggered he goes on a rampage through the forum.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:28 pm

I generally avoid forums like reddit, 4chan, etc except DHI.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:26 am

Fuck moderators. 8^)
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:11 am

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:08 pm
I always picture a fat cuckson looking mofo on sites that have voluntairy mods. (or any form of free moderators, only egomaniacs who want to abuse powers will go for that).

edit: just like when on steam you look at a moderators profile its always some dweeb who would be afraid to step one foot out the door if he knew there was a possibility of seeing a living person there.
I'll reiterate what I have said before, but anyone who ASKS to be a mod is usually a wannabe tyrant. They will just create conflict and ban anyone at will, the only person who asked to be a mod here is Assiman and he was very trigger happy when it came to banning people who annoyed him.

I only have long time regulars as mods who I think won't get ban happy. If they don't desire mod powers, they won't abuse it. Every place on the fucking internet should be VERY fucking wary of cunts who want to be mods, they are usually power mad losers or worse, goons.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.