What have you been banned for on other forums?

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
rabidtictac

Re: What have you been banned for on other forums?

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:48 am

It's even worse when a moderator is also a interior crocodile-alligator or otherwise invested in the website. Cue examples of Russ Pitts banning people because they said Game Dogs was shitty.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:01 am

I miss ban
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:39 am

mad bum wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:01 am
I miss ban
We all do. I miss Lolki too, he got lost during the transition from 2.0 to 4.0. They'll find us though if they want, we come up on google searches pretty easy if you type in dead horse interchange or even the 2.0 name "Dead Horse Interchangeable" (thanks MundaneMatt).
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:28 am

RIP ban, never forgotten in our hearts.

But that's how this internet shit goes. If they're out there living good lives in the real world, that's the best anyone can hope for. The best result for anyone, internet shitposter or e-celeb, is that their real life becomes so awesome and interesting that they don't have time for internet bullshit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:19 pm

DHI is more of a 15 minute check more than anything else for me, I'm sure a lot of us have great lives with minimum drama and we just like to bant about shitty e-celebs.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:42 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:11 am
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:08 pm
I always picture a fat cuckson looking mofo on sites that have voluntairy mods. (or any form of free moderators, only egomaniacs who want to abuse powers will go for that).

edit: just like when on steam you look at a moderators profile its always some dweeb who would be afraid to step one foot out the door if he knew there was a possibility of seeing a living person there.
I'll reiterate what I have said before, but anyone who ASKS to be a mod is usually a wannabe tyrant. They will just create conflict and ban anyone at will, the only person who asked to be a mod here is Assiman and he was very trigger happy when it came to banning people who annoyed him.

I only have long time regulars as mods who I think won't get ban happy. If they don't desire mod powers, they won't abuse it. Every place on the fucking internet should be VERY fucking wary of cunts who want to be mods, they are usually power mad losers or worse, goons.
This post is too true.

When I was younger I was part of a group of people that would go about trying to get into admin positions on forums and, basically, just delete them or take them over and assimilate the userbase into our own. Yes. It was stupid. I was in my early teens and we all grew out of it within a few years.

Anyway.

I can tell you, from experience, that the only places I was ever a mod that I cared about and took care of were places where I didn't ask and was approached, first. Any other place was somewhere that I just wanted to get rid of people I didn't like.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:55 am

That's been my experience on Wikia. I had people criticizing my Wiki I had built from scratch, so I let these critics come on as mods because I wanted to appease the fandom. They do some good work, but they're overly autistic about formatting and citations and very often undo the edits I make for these sort of reasons. Me, the guy that was nice enough to bring them aboard.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:35 pm

When mods and wiki nazis combine...
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:44 pm

You guys should try and lead a clan. Finding somebody do do some shit is really hard, like leading a training or something. We had a very loose hirarchy and training mentality but people still manage to mess it up. Generally speaking, the ones the most eager to take up some responsibility are usually the most incompetent ones. The overly motivated member is the bane of any clan leader.
You know that one guy that nobody really liked but somehow was around all the time among your friends? That dude nobody wanted to tell to fuck off because they aren't assholes or anything, just kinda irritating but well-meaning? Those guys will be the overly motivated ones in a clan.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:20 pm

I prefer casual clans.

After attempting to get together a clan of people who were willing to do heavier content in whatever game we were playing at the time I'm just done with that crap. Between the drama of someone who gave a lot to the clan but was an absolute dick and actually made people uncomfortable (to the point that he chased out a gay member purely for them being gay and him finding out about it), to some creepy middle aged man who kept asking our female members where they lived, to people holding up the group and not understanding that spending an extra 5 minutes between whatever runs we're doing could be the difference between getting what we need today and getting what we need tomorrow (which is a big deal), I just... can't do it any more.

We purposefully never allowed anyone else but me and the other dude who started the group to be in leadership positions. He was one of my buddies back when we tried to take over forums and we used that experience to shape how we perceived others. Maybe that was our problem. Not trusting anyone can make leadership hard. I just know that I burnt out hard and now I'm glad that I'm part of a casual enough Warframe clan that instead of taking anything seriously we just throw together joke builds and mock the hardcore metafags by doing just as well as they do with builds that are considered awful.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger