Boxing/MMA

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
User avatar
Keith Chegwin
Posts: 1534
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am
Location: Outer Heaven

Re: Boxing/MMA

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:57 am

My brother described it as a clown fight and that's exactly what it was. McGregor couldn't punch properly. He couldn't clinch properly. He did what I assume was an MMA clinch where he grabbed Mayweather by the waist and sort of got behind him, but because in boxing he's not allowed to kick or trip up his opponent, it just looked like he was trying to mount Mayweather. By the third round McGregor's punches were doing fucking nothing and by the eighth round he was holding to Mayweather for dear life.

You really got the sense that McGregor was severely over-hyped. According to my brother, he's never successfully defended a belt.
You claim to be a player, but I fucked your wife. We bust on bad boys, niggas fucked for life

User avatar
AdorableOtter
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:03 pm

Re: Boxing/MMA

Post by AdorableOtter » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:34 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:57 am
McGregor couldn't punch properly.
He did punch properly except for those hammerfists and weird wide swings after he exhausted. Mayweather's defense was just too good.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:57 am
He couldn't clinch properly. He did what I assume was an MMA clinch

I'm not sure why he was doing that. Maybe he was trying to wear down Mayweather with those clinches. McGregor gassed out first though.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:57 am
he's never successfully defended a belt
That's true. McGregor is a marketing genius and a super hype machine but he hasn't fought toughest opponents in the light weight and never defended the title. He's beaten every major opponent in the feather weight though.

And it looks like he wants Nate Diaz who's not even a #1 ranker next, again. Ugh.

User avatar
Poonoo
Site Admin
Posts: 1366
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Boxing/MMA

Post by Poonoo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:04 pm

I thought the fight was fine and wasn't boring at all, the last few boxing matches I have seen have been boring as dogshit clinchfests (they have to limit that shit to like 5 per fight, you go for more you are DQ'd) and Mayweather's fights are apparently boring as fuck. He has a reputation of being a chickenshit fighter who plays for points, and to see him actually go for actual punches was surprising, even the commentators were shocked he was more aggressive than usual.
AdorableOtter wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:34 am

That's true. McGregor is a marketing genius and a super hype machine but he hasn't fought toughest opponents in the light weight and never defended the title. He's beaten every major opponent in the feather weight though.

And it looks like he wants Nate Diaz who's not even a #1 ranker next, again. Ugh.
To be fair, he barely has barely been fighting at Lightweight. He completely made Eddie Alvarez his bitch thoughj, that guy looked like a fucking amateur in their with Conor and made that division look like a joke. I am a casual when it comes to MMA, but fuck he made that division look like a joke.

He's going for the Diaz fight because their is money in it. Despite the second fight settling the score between them, the whole "finish the trilogy" thing is what they are going for which is dumb. I saw the first fight, and Conor was the better fighter in that one but the problem was that Diaz doesn't fucking go down. Conor got hit with a punch that I think rattled him, he was way off his game after that and did dumb shit which lead to him getting choked the fuck out.

User avatar
Keith Chegwin
Posts: 1534
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am
Location: Outer Heaven

Re: Boxing/MMA

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:16 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:34 am
He did punch properly except for those hammerfists and weird wide swings after he exhausted.
Can't remember if he did it in the actual fight but there was that training video of him and he'd drop his other hand when he punched.
Poonoo wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:04 pm
I thought the fight was fine and wasn't boring at all, the last few boxing matches I have seen have been boring as dogshit clinchfests
Did you see Joshua v Klitschko?
You claim to be a player, but I fucked your wife. We bust on bad boys, niggas fucked for life

User avatar
AdorableOtter
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:03 pm

Re: Boxing/MMA

Post by AdorableOtter » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:03 pm

Fight itself wasn't that bad but Connor couldn't land the signature left or any heavy shot other than that uppercut and he couldn't last for 12R that's a disappointment at least for me.
Poonoo wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:04 pm
He completely made Eddie Alvarez his bitch thoughj, that guy looked like a fucking amateur in their with Conor and made that division look like a joke.
Actually, Alvarez isn't a very good fighter. He was 3-1 when he was a champ and 2 of those wins were by split decisions. When he lost he was nearly knocked out with leg kicks and that looked really bad.
Image

Also he is stylistically very good match up for Connor because he's a bit short, doesn't throw kicks and his wrestling isn't that scary. Nate is better than him imo. Eddie could become the champ simply because basically Dos Anjos (former champ) fucked up.
Poonoo wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:04 pm
He's going for the Diaz fight because their is money in it. Despite the second fight settling the score between them, the whole "finish the trilogy" thing is what they are going for which is dumb.
Image
But Nate isn't even an interim champ it's retarded if can just skip other higher ranked fighters.
I think Connor ends up fighting Ferguson if Ferguson gets the interim belt. Ferguson does some funky shit and his fights are fun to watch. His fight against Connor will be VERY interesting. If Kevin Lee wins, Connor will fight Nate at welterweight because Lee is nobody, lol.

I wanted to see Connor vs Nurmagomedov. Nurmagomedov is nobody-ish in western countries he's a big star in Russia. UFC in Russia will be interesting.

AngrySpoonySnob
Posts: 583
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:36 pm

Re: Boxing/MMA

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:43 pm

you people are all faggots entertaining this fake gay shit
If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it!
If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!! Janus Zeal

User avatar
Guest

Re: Boxing/MMA

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:05 pm

As much as I hate Canelo and all the other puncher bros, I have to admit he would have destroyed Shamus McIrish within the first three rounds. Mayweather still has that defense, but his hands are glass and he has a fraction of the power he did when he was in his prime, which wasn't much to begin with.

User avatar
Guest

Re: Boxing/MMA

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:05 pm

Brad posing as Chillock the black nazi muslim christian nicknamed harrythebarry wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:43 pm
you people are all faggots entertaining this fake gay shit
MMA is the gay porn of the 2010s. That one reality whore called it. Who wants to watch speedo-wearing manlets fighting barefoot in other men's sweat?

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 4461
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: Boxing/MMA

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:26 pm

They missed the info on why people have fighting sports without ground fights. It may be fierce but looks gay and boring as shit.


Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:26 pm.
Hail Eris, all hail Discordia!
Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:41 am
Have I forgotten to call Lindsay a cunt today?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest