Boxing/MMA

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Mr. Saoirse Ronan

Boxing/MMA

Post by Mr. Saoirse Ronan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:17 am

Mayweather/McGregor is happening in August. Basically, it's the best counter-puncher of the modern boxing era, maybe of all time, against a loudmouth MMA scrub with no boxing experience IN A BOXING MATCH.

Prediction: Frustrated McGregor gets rocked for two rounds, gets disqualified after going for a double leg takedown.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Boxing/MMA

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:18 am

My bet is on Mayweather as well. I hope somebody uploads the video eventually.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:17 am

The fight will be boring as shit. Mayweather will just block everything for a while and Conor won't be able to hit him since he has no boxing experience. Mayweather is a boring fighter and Conor isn't exactly aggressive out the gate either. Mayweather will probably win on points or later in the fight, it likely won't be quick unless Conor gets a lucky shot in.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:02 am

In addition this is kind of a "heel program" as Jim Cornette would say. Each man has their fans, sure, but there's no real "hero" to cheer for. People forget that during that last Tate/Rousey fight, EVERYONE wanted to see Rousey lose and she was booed out of the building when she refused to shake Tate's hand. There's gonna be a lot of people (especially boxing fans) that won't want Mayweather to win because he'll break Rocky Marciano's record (which is an especially sore spot for anyone that isn't black), and there's people that don't want McGregor to win because McGregor's a cunt (to be fair, so is Mayweather) and there's a large chunk of boxing fans that hate UFC, particularly since it's practically overtaken it in popularity.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:25 am

I'd say McGregor is the closest to a "hero" in this since he has been doing the impossible lately by beating Aldo in 14 seconds (who was considered pound for pound the best MMA fighter in the world when he lost) and holding titles in two weight divisions at the same time. Seeing him reach that next goal is inspiring to many at least, and having him walk into Boxing and beat Mayweather will be another huge, entertaining accomplishment for him. Mayweather beating some MMA guy who has never boxed before? Who gives a shit, to him it's just an easy pay day, McGregor has something to fight for on top of the cash.
Old Black Man wrote:
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:26 pm

I'd rather watch Mac vs Fergason/Khabib and I have zero interest in Mayweather (he should fight Snufkin or something), but judging from how fans and even de la Hoya are reacting, I guess this fight makes a lot of sense from a financial stand point. At least I'll watch the highlights if Mcgregor somehow knocks down/out Mayweather with that magical mystery left cross from oblivion though.

It's a shame Mcgregor will just retire after this. UFC will have a hard time finding/building up a new star. They can still milk Rousey but she's kinda sorta mentally broken.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:01 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:26 pm
They can still milk Rousey but she's kinda sorta mentally broken.
Not just that, she has been exposed as someone who can't handle striking well and her coach is a useless cunt who isn't helping her in that regard. She also heavily relied on the intimidation factor to fuck with her opponents heads, but now that other fighters know she is human she can't just charge in like a retard and scare them into falling into her armbar.

Muhammad Ali's daughter kept bringing up how Rousey has no head movement and clearly can't defend striking. Her career is fucking over unless she fires her coach and learns how to box. Even her mother hates her coach.
Old Black Man wrote:

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:56 am

Poonoo wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:01 pm
Muhammad Ali's daughter kept bringing up how Rousey has no head movement and clearly can't defend striking. Her career is fucking over unless she fires her coach and learns how to box. Even her mother hates her coach.
It's not just hea-moomen, everything is wrong about her striking. She doesn't throw jabs or feints, can't properly block punches and can't use footwork at all. She just walk forward and start swinging. It's really really bad.
I personally believe she's trying to emulate Fedor's fighting style because he also swarm with heavy punches, then grapple/throw and dominate on the ground. But the thing is, Fedor is a really good boxer who can move and she's not.

Poonoo wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:01 pm
Her career is fucking over unless she fires her coach and learns how to box. Even her mother hates her coach.
Her career is kinda already over considering there is some serious cult echo chamber shit is going around her. Mcgreger hired a top BJJ black belt as a full time training partner to improve his jiu-jitsu. Rousey can do the same thing to fix her striking, but she doesn't do that because....autism???? Something must be wrong with her head.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:08 am

AdorableOtter wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:56 am
Rousey can do the same thing to fix her striking, but she doesn't do that because....autism???? Something must be wrong with her head.
Yeah, this happened:

But I think she is done mentally as well. Miesha Tate put it well when she said this after Ronda claimed she had suicidal thoughts after losing:
"'I've been down and out in this sport, too, obviously losing my fight to Ronda,' 29-year-old Tate told Sports Illustrated.

'That was really, really hard for me. But my mindset is to get back in the gym and get better, get stronger and learn from it and come back, and now here I am with the world title.'

'I thought that was a big sign of mental weakness, to be honest.'
Conor lost to Diaz around the same time. He came back from that, got his win back and then claimed another championship before Ronda even returned. Conor is a real fighter, while Ronda is mentally weak as shit which is why I think she will never come back. She heavily relied on confidence and winning, if you can't take a loss at all then you were never a great fighter. She didn't fight for a year for fuck sake because she had "Muh Depression, I lost".
Old Black Man wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:11 pm

I thought she was the top premium female MMA fighter from all the talk about her. What I see in the video up there shows a chick that can't fight for shit. Was she always that bad?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!