Boxing/MMA

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Re: Boxing/MMA

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:48 am

Ya know, Mayweather is a fag, but he's a damn good boxer.

Poonoo made the point how he offered to train Rhonda in striking and she turned it down.

I gotta say, I did not know that. Puts Mayweather in a whole new light for me. I'm sure he partially offered to rub salt in the wound, but I'm also sure he would've trained her if she asked. Class act.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Mr. Saoirse Ronan

Post by Mr. Saoirse Ronan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:05 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:57 am
It's not UFC? Shit. Disregard everything I said

Boxer knocking out MMA guy, since the James Toney/Randy Couture thing is getting thrown around everywhere. (We'll just pretend the Kimbo Slice chokeout never happened.) Starts at 17 seconds.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:28 pm

Who's the boxer and who's the MMA guy in that video?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:10 pm

It seems like in that video it becomes a 50/50, either the mma guy is going to get knocked down or the mma guy gets through and does his thing on the ground.

From the mma perspective, it seems very very important to do boxing a ton, even if you're not super great with your hands you'll understand how the other guy is thinking.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:13 pm

Same as anything really. Boxers have to get some idea of what's going to happen if they get taken to the ground. The difference is the fight starts standing up, so I guess you could say the better striker has the edge in the start, IE the boxer's game is the more important to know.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:36 pm

If you get punched that hard you'll go down no matter what your profession is. Boxing usually helps one learn to not walk into a fist like that. There's no full-contact fighting sport where you can not care about something as basic as "don't just walk into a hook like that".
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:17 pm

Royce Gracie has been brought up elsewhere. Supposed God of Grappling who got his ass beat by some weak-ass karate guys. Point is, for all their bragging, a puncher has more of a chance in MMA than a wrestler/BJJ guy because the fights begin standing up. They keep bringing up the Toney thing as if that is what would happen to any boxer in a "real" fight, but in reality the MMA guy would almost always lose to a determined puncher who immediately comes out striking.

And yeah, Mayweather would lose quick in the UFC because his style of laying back and counter-punching for twelve rounds is simply unsuitable for that environment. Someone like Tyson, however, would have dominated that beyotch. Prime Tyson was a fookin' monster.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:15 am

In a bar fight or on the streets my money would still be on Mayweather above MMA guys. Tyson is a no-brainer. Tyson would've fucked absolutely everyone up in his prime.
The dumbest talk your typical Tapoutfag will bring up is the "But in a bar fight you have no rules" talk. As if Tyson wouldn't do the dirtiest of dirty shit to fuck you up outside of a ring just because he was a boxer.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:19 am

I remember when Iron Mike fought Andrew Golota. It was a controversial fight because this was more-or-less right after Tyson/Holyfield where Tyson bit Holyfield's ears, and Golota had just been disqualified from a fight because he hit his opponent below the belt. Tyson was asked what he'd do if Golota hit him below the belt and Tyson just responded 'I hope he does hit me below the belt. Because even if he did, he could never beat me'
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:27 am

That was when he already wasn't in his prime anymore. In his prime he'd walk up and down the corner like a restless tiger and wait for the bell, go in, dodge fifteen punches without any counters and hit exactly once for a knockdown. He was swift and when he hit he hit hard.
In a bar fight, the other dude wouldn't hit him at all. They Clay quote "Dance like a butterfly, sting like a killerbee" applied perfectly to him and I think he was the better of the two boxers.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!