Boxing/MMA

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.

Re: Boxing/MMA

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:55 am

Tyson's defense is criminally underappreciated. Because of games like Street Fighter and movies, usually Asian*, he's seen as some carnival freak strongman who just dominated opponents with size or something, when in reality he was a really small guy for the heavyweight division (only 5' 10") who was blistering fast and one of the best infighters I've ever seen. Just watch some of his YouTube training videos or highlights. If his trainer hadn't died and he hadn't lost his mojo he could have been the best ever.

*Seriously, when Legend of Chun-Li came out I thought they would treat Balrog like a real boxer, then fives minutes in he's roaring and throwing people across rooms like a hulked out pro wrestler.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:28 am

Seriously, he ducked and weaved like nobody I've ever seen. For how hype and pissed off he seemed before fights he was really patient, willing to let the other guy to just throw out punches until he had an opportunity to strike.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:50 am

Boxers in fightan games are the dopest shit btw, especially if they're a dudley or vanessa type rather than a rog type.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:57 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:50 am
Boxers in fightan games are the dopest shit btw, especially if they're a dudley or vanessa type rather than a rog type.
Steve plays very differently from everyone else in Tekken.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:15 am
The dumbest talk your typical Tapoutfag will bring up is the "But in a bar fight you have no rules" talk. As if Tyson wouldn't do the dirtiest of dirty shit to fuck you up outside of a ring just because he was a boxer.
Modern MMA has a shit ton of fucking rules, to the point where it is close to useless in a real fight. You can't even knee someone when they are on all fours. And that BJJ bullshit is only useful in a 1 on 1 fight, in a bar fight another guy will just stomp or kick your fucking head in if you try that ground and pound crap. And even then, someone will probably break up the fight if you are in that position in real life since no one wants to watch a fight like that on the street.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:41 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:15 am
[youtube][/youtube]
In a bar fight or on the streets my money would still be on Mayweather above MMA guys. Tyson is a no-brainer. Tyson would've fucked absolutely everyone up in his prime.
The dumbest talk your typical Tapoutfag will bring up is the "But in a bar fight you have no rules" talk. As if Tyson wouldn't do the dirtiest of dirty shit to fuck you up outside of a ring just because he was a boxer.
It would look similar to this.

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:15 am

I wonder if modern MMA has more rules than boxing at this point. And yet tapoutfags love to crow about what real men they are because they can tackle another sweaty man and roll around on the ground handling his jock-oh sorry, I mean employing a submission hold.
RAPEMAN wrote:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:29 am

Some of the early UFC's are fantastic because it's a bunch of hillbillies, bar brawlers, boxers, and a few others who go in bare knuckle killing each other, with the only rule being were going to stop the fight if you're about to kill the guy.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:14 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:15 am
I wonder if modern MMA has more rules than boxing at this point.
Wouldn't be too hard. If we're talking about strikes the only rules in boxing are to exclusively use the fists and not to punch below the belt or anywhere on the backside.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:49 pm

There's some rules about not kicking in certain kinds of boxing, but kickboxing seems pretty pure as long as the rules are the same as boxing but with kicks added.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kickboxing#Full_contact

Full contact sounds pretty ok. No knees and elbows might raise eyebrows, but knees and elbows can legit kill you. I mean, seriously.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Speaking of Asian movies, here's Mike Tyson's cameo from Ip Man 3. It's just okay, and he displays some defense but it's mostly blocking not his insane ducking and weaving. For some reason boxing is really treated like shit in China, probably because a good boxer would beat the shit out of a kung-fu master.

Here are some highlights, some weaving at 1:30.