People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Uguuboi

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Uguuboi » Fri May 03, 2024 8:14 pm

Also, nice new flag, Kügler.

I managed to pull off part of the end of a fingernail last night, but it was good otherwise. Went to an open jam thing at a bar, and it was good in spite of all the brown people.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri May 03, 2024 10:01 pm

Shit. I will be out of running water for a few days - we got some serious, historical floods and the river has overtaken the water pumps and it's predicted that it will take at least three days for the water level to drop to a point where they can restart them. So I guess I'll have to become French for a few days.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 03, 2024 10:06 pm

It is a rare opportunity to get in tune with your *white* ancestors, who never bathed and didn't even know what soap was.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat May 04, 2024 12:46 am

Stockpile water. Turn your taps on if they haven't shut em off yet, and fill up your tub and any containers. Running water isn't necessary so much as water sources. X amount of potable water and Y amount of non-potable will cover your basic needs. You won't really be able to shower, but you can use a wet rag like a sub-saharan African.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat May 04, 2024 5:54 am

I have reserves of drinking water and a full 1k liters reservoir, but I'm afraid even going extremely careful, I'll go dry before they reestablish running water. The mayor was tking about taking 7 days to reestablish service.

That might not mater in the end, because the situation is deteriorating significantly this night. The water level is looking like it will surpass the contention systems by a lot (it's the fucking biggest flood in our history by a large margin), and I might get flooded even if my place is relatively high ground. At least rain stopped for now.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat May 04, 2024 7:54 am

Sounds like you might have to evac. Sucks, man. I'd bundle my important stuff in watertight containers if you don't think you can take it with you. Do you have higher ground near your place? Or will you have to go lower before you can go higher? That could influence when you decide you need to evacuate. You don't want to be cut off on an island.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 04, 2024 12:54 pm

When my boiler was broken for a week last year I just showered with a bucket and a sponge.
5 liters of cold water plus 2 liters of boiling water makes hot water. If you have short hair, it'll be enough for a full shower. Otherwise, just boil some more water beforehand. You will likely not even need to use the full two litres of boiling water in one go anyway.

Forget actual bathing sponges. You just need the sponge to transport the water. A large car cleaning sponge is ideal for that.
It's all a bit inconvenient but it's as effective.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Uguuboi

Post by Uguuboi » Sat May 04, 2024 6:42 pm

It's not as serious as flooding, but my father's visiting and he doesn't want to stop nitpicking my life. Reee

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 04, 2024 7:03 pm

It's been nice knowing you, either way. Make sure to reserve a good spot in Hell for me.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sat May 04, 2024 8:49 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:54 pm
When my boiler was broken for a week last year I just showered with a bucket and a sponge.
5 liters of cold water plus 2 liters of boiling water makes hot water. If you have short hair, it'll be enough for a full shower. Otherwise, just boil some more water beforehand. You will likely not even need to use the full two litres of boiling water in one go anyway.

Forget actual bathing sponges. You just need the sponge to transport the water. A large car cleaning sponge is ideal for that.
It's all a bit inconvenient but it's as effective.
Or just clean yourself the right way.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.