People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 04, 2024 8:50 pm

Rag on a stick would be a hygiene improvement for lots of people!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Rushy » Sun May 05, 2024 1:18 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:54 pm
When my boiler was broken for a week last year I just showered with a bucket and a sponge.
5 liters of cold water plus 2 liters of boiling water makes hot water. If you have short hair, it'll be enough for a full shower. Otherwise, just boil some more water beforehand. You will likely not even need to use the full two litres of boiling water in one go anyway.

Forget actual bathing sponges. You just need the sponge to transport the water. A large car cleaning sponge is ideal for that.
It's all a bit inconvenient but it's as effective.
It's how we do it every day at the family cabin. There's no running water there, just a well. I can't be bothered with a sponge. A large scoop is way more effective for transporting water. Or a bowl or something like that. Just makes things quicker.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun May 05, 2024 4:05 pm

Damn. My house will probably be flooded to the roof, and I will be losing everything but the few clothes I managed to salvage and send ahead of me before the water level rose. At least I got my cats and dogs out, and I'm sheltering with family and pets at a good enough place that has power, running water and internet access.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun May 05, 2024 6:04 pm

Don't know what to say, man. My sympathies. Do you have insurance to cover this? Most important is that you got yourself out with your animals, and now you're safe.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun May 05, 2024 7:14 pm

Thanks, man. It's surreal to have this kind of thing happen. I have insurance for my car, so there's at least that.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 05, 2024 9:45 pm

Damn, that's a real mess! Do you own the place or is it rented?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon May 06, 2024 6:49 am

I own my place. My hopes as that my street was high enough that water didn't reach too high - some neighbors and friends told us that water stopped rising early and it may only have reached waist-high there (which would have spared us the worst). I'm going back there tomorrow, now that the flood has stabilized, to see if I can get back to at least see the damage.

Unfortunately, my town is almost completely ruined, and it's just one of a dozen others in the same situation - the authorities have said that the total number of affected people is around of 750k. I know of at least three of my friends that got their homes completely flooded. It will take a week for the water to go back to non-flooding levels, but the accessed damage in cities where the water is already gone was brutal.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon May 06, 2024 9:23 am

I can't think of anything to say that will help you feel better. Moments like this reinforce to me the transience of life and material goods. I've been fortunate so far, but where I live is also way overdue for a catastrophic weather event (earthquake, in this case.) I hope you can replace the essentials. At least you have a place to go and family. We can all be grateful for family in tough times, as much as they might act like cocks occasionally.

Could be that the government might be forced to issue some neetbucks or fund rebuilding programs if so many people have been affected, don't you think? If they do nothing and 750k people can't afford to rebuild, that's going to negatively affect them too.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 06, 2024 9:39 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:23 am
Could be that the government might be forced to issue some neetbucks or fund rebuilding programs if so many people have been affected, don't you think? If they do nothing and 750k people can't afford to rebuild, that's going to negatively affect them too.
I hope the systems in place are less retarded and bureaucratic than in Krautland.
Over here, seeing even a single cent of those relief bux is an odyssey in and of itself, and even if you get it you can only use it to rebuild the house exactly as it was before (instead of, I dunno, make it more flood-resistent).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon May 06, 2024 3:16 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:23 am
I can't think of anything to say that will help you feel better. Moments like this reinforce to me the transience of life and material goods. I've been fortunate so far, but where I live is also way overdue for a catastrophic weather event (earthquake, in this case.) I hope you can replace the essentials. At least you have a place to go and family. We can all be grateful for family in tough times, as much as they might act like cocks occasionally.

Thanks, man. I appreciate the thought. Hopefully this time there will be a better reconstruction effort, but the government is utterly incompetent for everything else, so I don't have much hope. I cannot think of a better example than the state governor, who is a gay social-democrat, when shit really started getting serious, found time to get an intern to change his profile picture on all of his social media to show.himself wearing the Civil Defense jacket. Have to look good for when your posts are going to be shared in the international media, right?