People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
TheProgressive

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by TheProgressive » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:30 pm

A personal pet peeve of mine is the "OMG, how don't you have more supporters" as a really insincere way of trying to appeal to people by kissing there ass. This is a VERY common thing on Youtube but I see it too often in real life as well with local bands/small-time businesses/whatever. It seems like these people just want to get noticed and acknowledged by these people and it's kind of embarrassing.

sanicvr00m

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by sanicvr00m » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:07 pm

I really hope this ringing in my ears isn't permanent tinnitus. Anyone here happen to have it?
SpoilerShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:09 am

I used to have spells of it when I was a kid. It would get pretty bad sometimes. I didn't understand what was happening.

How bad is it? Can you hear it over background noise, or do you mostly hear it when it's quiet?
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

sanicvr00m

Post by sanicvr00m » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:44 am

Its never a problem when there are other sounds around me to be heard. Just my keyboard clacking as I type this makes it drop off. But the longer there's quiet (and I'm thinking about it), the louder it gets and it gets pretty fucking loud like my ears are pressed up against a broken modem. It started a few weeks ago with a flu. Could be more mental than anything tbh. I'm pretty neurotic (also intellingent, nilhistic, and with a wicked sense of humor xDDD)
SpoilerShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:10 am

sanicvr00m wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:44 am
Its never a problem when there are other sounds around me to be heard. Just my keyboard clacking as I type this makes it drop off. But the longer there's quiet (and I'm thinking about it), the louder it gets and it gets pretty fucking loud like my ears are pressed up against a broken modem. It started a few weeks ago with a flu. Could be more mental than anything tbh. I'm pretty neurotic (also intellingent, nilhistic, and with a wicked sense of humor xDDD)
Makes sense. That's how it was for me for most of my childhood and teenage years. My recommendation is to sleep with a white noise generator if it bothers you at night. I've done that for years using an air cleaner.

I would definitely wait a few more weeks before worrying. If you had a flu recently, you could be still congested and may even have partially plugged ears. Always check for a physical cause such as plugged ears before assuming it's mental.

I realize the noise can be distressing. Or at least, it was for me when I was a kid. But it's not a terribly uncommon health issue and seems ultimately harmless aside from the annoyance. I grew out of it as I got older, for the most part, but I still can get it pretty badly when I'm sick. But since I live in the city, I'm rarely in a totally silent area anyway.

The perception of ever-increasing volume could become an issue later. As a child, this was the aspect which most bothered me. I would hear a sound get louder and louder without ever topping out, and that was scary to me.

Give yourself a little more time to get over being sick. Clean your ears out if you haven't already. If it still bothers you, go see a doctor and make sure they check your ears as well, since they can use a light to see all the way down there. If it is a mental issue, the only recommendations I can give you are a) use (relaxing) white noise to kill the sound if it bothers you and b) consider that your condition may get better or easier to manage with time. If your ears aren't legit damaged, it's not a serious health risk IMO. A doctor should be able to check for hearing damage.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20350156
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:29 pm

I recommend getting a tablet or something and start listening to things while you relax before bed, Ross's game dungeon works really well because it's like a video essay.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:03 pm

Also Ross' voice is like honey being gently poured into your ears.

And speaking of complaining: Fuck mainstream team sport fans. I just had to endure 3 hours with insufferable drunk autists giving me Rick & Morty fandom flashbacks. I was in a constant panic attack throughout this whole ordeal. I tried to kill myself at least five times, just to make it stop. Now I have Spoony's Ultimate Retrospective on an endless loop to try to get out of this dark time.

(Note: the last paragraph might be a bit embellished for dramatic effect.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:45 pm

Man Rick and Morty, no one sure talks about that anymore
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:21 am

TheProgressive wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:30 pm
A personal pet peeve of mine is the "OMG, how don't you have more supporters" as a really insincere way of trying to appeal to people by kissing there ass. This is a VERY common thing on Youtube but I see it too often in real life as well with local bands/small-time businesses/whatever. It seems like these people just want to get noticed and acknowledged by these people and it's kind of embarrassing.
I fucking hate that shit. The worst form of that is shitters going "You should have a Patreon!". GET FUCKED!
I just know that those guys are the same people that will grandstand about milk getting ten cents more expensive because fuck the value of work. But for throwaway entertainment they WANT to pay for no fucking reason. Because the service and food industry, your plumber, your car mechanic and your doctor are all robbing you the fuck blind but hey let's throw twenty bucks a month at the cunt with zero operating cost that made a funny on the internet once!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:54 am

Guys, fuck biological functions and fuck the human body.

I'd prefer the body of a bat and the head of coyote.

I'd call myself Batyote and fight crime at night . ...
-The user formerly known as CIANigger