People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:28 pm

No kid besides an actual retard is too retarded to write. That's just failing as a teacher. I've heard of a local school going with that retarded "just spell words how you want" shit where in the first two years spelling is completely ignored. They got so much shit for it from parents that they dropped it again. What a retarded concept.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:44 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:21 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:19 am
Even if you have all those things, they'll probably bin your application anyway because they get 400 applicants a day and don't give a fuck. Maybe they'll bin you for being a fucking white male, who knows. Depends what city you live in.
I can't even count how many times I was competing with 30 other people for 1 position, when they honestly probably knew who they were going to hire at the beginning and just wasting my fucking time.
TBH that feels like most of the jobs out there. 30 people sounds small. Every job gets like 300 applicants and employers can afford to be picky, hence the "you need a bachelor's and five years previous experience in animal rectal examination to scoop up dog shit" on job listings.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:51 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:25 pm
And if you think nobody could possibly too dumb to work in a supermarket, you're, sadly, super mistaken. There are some real knuckleheads running around.
Of the young men I've had working here only two I'd describe as actually competent. Most are dumb or beyond lazy. Mostly legit too dumb, though.
My first job was as a produce man and I was legitimately surprised at the turnover on that position. Then the amount that stayed that cut every corner possible or couldn't even properly anewer a phone was beyond ridiculous.

Auli

Post by Auli » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:44 pm

Only "job" I've had is when I was 15-16 or something, our school have a "jobweek" where students ask to work some place for a week.

I got a job at a grocery store (basically just stacking shit), but I was sick 3/5 days xD

I worked with another student there, and we got the same amount of "salary".
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:18 am

Grocery stores (and supermarkets) are probably one of the best first jobs you can ever have. Personally, I'd love to continue working at one of those my entire life simply because I'm not forced to sit around all day, I get to interact with people on a daily basis that I'd never interact with otherwise, I learned a ton about foods that I'd never have even looked at twice otherwise, and I was taught the value of hard work and dedication.

I got nicknamed, "Boss Man," at my first store job because I was the guy who knew where everyone was in my department. I knew what they were doing, I knew what needed to be done, I knew how to get it done, I knew who was best at what, and I knew when it was time to call over the proper people because I wasn't able to see how something could be done without them. I had only worked there 6 months by the time I moved out of state but I was highly respected by all but the new managers that they hired because they thought I was aiming to steal their jobs, at the time, but I really wasn't.

It was a good job. I got paid semi-decently but the discount for being an employee more than made up for it due to much cheaper grocery costs. Always more hours if I desired them, too. Man I miss that place. Too bad everywhere around here doesn't hire until around Black Friday or the beginning of summer and they only hire students toward the beginning of summer.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:43 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:18 am
Grocery stores (and supermarkets) are probably one of the best first jobs you can ever have. Personally, I'd love to continue working at one of those my entire life simply because I'm not forced to sit around all day, I get to interact with people on a daily basis that I'd never interact with otherwise, I learned a ton about foods that I'd never have even looked at twice otherwise, and I was taught the value of hard work and dedication.

I got nicknamed, "Boss Man," at my first store job because I was the guy who knew where everyone was in my department. I knew what they were doing, I knew what needed to be done, I knew how to get it done, I knew who was best at what, and I knew when it was time to call over the proper people because I wasn't able to see how something could be done without them. I had only worked there 6 months by the time I moved out of state but I was highly respected by all but the new managers that they hired because they thought I was aiming to steal their jobs, at the time, but I really wasn't.

It was a good job. I got paid semi-decently but the discount for being an employee more than made up for it due to much cheaper grocery costs. Always more hours if I desired them, too. Man I miss that place. Too bad everywhere around here doesn't hire until around Black Friday or the beginning of summer and they only hire students toward the beginning of summer.
Kugel must be begging to have an employee like you instead of the Untermensch he works with. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:02 am

Just wait until Kugel is legally required to hire rapefugees.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:06 am

Poonoo wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:43 am
Kugel must be begging to have an employee like you instead of the Untermensch he works with. :lol: :lol: :lol:
If I lived over there and knew what store he worked at I'd probably apply, too, but I live in midwest burgerland so that isn't happening.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:04 am

Honestly, retail isn't the worst job you could do. You don't have to suffer the weather, you're not handling anything dangerous or disgusting and you're neither doing extremely physical nor a desk job. It's a good mix of things. Especially a food store is nice because everyone has to care about food in some capacity eventually.
The best lesson I've learned during my apprenticeship is that it doesn't actually matter what your job is. Every job will be more fun if you're competent and knowledgeable of it. Knowing your shit is a unique experience that's really gratifying.

The worst thing you could ever be is disinterested. You can be lazy no problem. You'll find shortcuts and the more you know what you're doing the sooner you'll be done and the lazier you can be. Being diligent but clueless is much worse. Being lazy and clueless is miserable. Give a bit of a shit and you'll have an infinitely easier time at your job.
Too many people are chasing their unreasonable dreams or think that their job has to be their meaning of life. That's what hobbies are for. Great for you if you can manage to make your hobby a job and still enjoy it but in practice that hardly ever works. If it's not the daily grind that will destroy the fun it's the financial reality of being self-employed that will. You'd have to hit a grand slam by sheer dumb luck to make the dreams of riches doing something you love happen.
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:02 am
Just wait until Kugel is legally required to hire rapefugees.
At least that is actually impossible. Retards already occupy the "must hire" spot and that's only for really large companies with thousands of employees.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:33 am

Retail is a step up from most of the jobs out there tbh. Especially when you factor which jobs will actually hire people without 5+ years work experience in a specific-ass field.

Like you said, just being in from the elements and not having to handle fucking BROKEN GLASS every day is pretty nice.
RAPEMAN wrote: