Politically Correct Fantasy 15 (Final Fantasy Thread)

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Politically Correct Fantasy 15 (Final Fantasy Thread)

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:26 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:50 pm
If this was Sploonys forums a 152 page thesis would be too short.
And Seraphna would respond to all 152 pages sentence-by-sentence with condescending bullshit.
Is Spoony dead yet?

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:03 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:26 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:50 pm
If this was Sploonys forums a 152 page thesis would be too short.
And Seraphna would respond to all 152 pages sentence-by-sentence with condescending bullshit.
I was thinking about her exactly. Glad to know others noticed how batshit insane she is.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:18 pm

Let me guess, she's a mod?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:12 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:18 pm
Let me guess, she's a mod?
Dont know. Just remember she is completely fucking insane.

What i do remember is that she is a hardcore ff nut. She loves all of them and think even shit like 13 is great.

I remember once i said ff13 was shit and she made like a 5000 word reply to me, i just quotes it and put something like "loooooool who cares looooool tl;dr"
...she proceded to write me 2 or 3 pms, each long as fuck, about something. I again didnt read them and just responded the same. I think she blocked me and never knew anything from her again.

Must really hurt this autists knowing that they spent like an hour writting their carefully and autitic sperg and you dont give a fuck and didnt even read it.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:55 am

FF1: It's a product of it's time so overall ok
FF2: Eh to good
FF3: Eh, not bad i guess
FF4: I kinda like the original, the small in between game is innoffensive and i don't want to talk about
FF5: Love it
FF6: Love it
FF7: The original is okay from i remember despite it's faults, Crisis Core is the only game in the compilation that i see as a guilty pleasure
FF8: Eh, i don't hate but can't say i like much of it
FF9: Love it
10: Not good, it has a few things that were wasted on it
10-2: Only a extermely small part was enjoyable
11: Love it
12: Ok despite parts of the gameplay not to my liking
13: Stop
13-2: Why
13-3: Fucking stop already
14 (Realm Reborn onward) Love it
15: Might play wheb it gets cheaper
Dissidia: Better than i expected
Dissidia Duodecim: The new story does explain stuff but is a waste of time
FFT: Love it
FFT 2 (First Gba one): Eh
FFT 3 (second gba one) Wtf
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:18 am

Pretty close to what I would have said, Charlar.

Top ones for me are FF4, FF5, FF6, FFT, FF9. I feel like if someone plays those games and stops, they'll have experienced the best Square Enix has to offer from the FF series. Dissidia was ok but nothing amazing. Fanservice, but at least the fun kind. It was Smash Bros for your PSP. FF12 had the potential to be good, but I felt it missed that chance with all the MMO shit and grinding.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:51 pm

Dissidia had some batshit retarded "deep lore" stuff about how Chaos and Cosmos are actually scientists from another dimension or some shit. I could've done without some weird Final Fantasy version of Dianetics.

Also every single scene with Squall or Lightning was insufferable. Cloud was bad as well, but he's thankfully more of an introvert.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Mynameisnotimportant

Post by Mynameisnotimportant » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:01 pm

FFI was one of my favorite NES games with Dragon Warrior III and IV. Playing around with ridiculous parties was fun back in the day.

FFII I didn't like when I replayed it on PSX FF Origins. It just got played by me too late to really appreciate it I think. FFV in Anthologies had the same problem. The job system was fun but it was antiquated by the time I got to play it.

FFIIusa/FFIV has a great story/characters/worlds and it can be quite the challenge especially the end of the game.

FFIIIusa/FFVI is the best FF ever, an absolute masterpiece of story/characters and a before/after world. Awesome game play with new elements like the Espers granting magic to characters allowing for character development beyond the standard arcs + each character had their own technique some that could be improved if you wanted (like Gau's Rage).

FFVII doesn't have a great story/characters, but the game is an absolute blast to play with the Materia system allowing for awesome combinations of Materia on characters and the Limit Break was just fun. Its garbage but I had a blast playing Dirge of Cerberus playing as Vincent with that cool soundtrack. Crisis Core is also garbage but the music and battle system was fun too.

FFT is one of the best strategy RPGs of all time, hands down.

FFVIII I hate. I hate the draw system for magic. I hate Triple Triad and it being the best way to get stuff in the game by breaking down cards and that terrible music that came with that game. I hate the characters that forget all the things because GFs made it happen. I hate the story. I hate the villains. I give FFVIII credit where its due though, graphics were a huge improvement over FFVII.

FFIX. This one wasn't bad but it was just boring. I can't tell you how many times I just simply fell asleep playing the dig game or the card game. It seemed like a rehash of FFI/FFVI overall to me in terms of story/game system.

FFX has a garbage story/characters. But good graphics/music, a fun battle system, and blitzball with friends was a blast to play. FFX-2 has mini-game and fan-service everywhere, just a bad game that attempts to fix FFX's ending.

FFXII was fun in that near the end I learned I could get super drunk and set up the Gambits in such a way that the game could literally play itself almost and allow me to win. But its just Star Wars with airships.

FFXIII is just linear garbage. XIII-2 is FF pokemon that destroys the ending of FFXIII too. FFXIII Lightning Returns actually has a fun battle system but its wasted on a game with a shell of a story about Ragnarok and the end of the world.

If I had to make a must play list, it would be FFIV, FFVI, FFT.
Last edited by Mynameisnotimportant on Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:45 am

1. Aged poorly, was fun for its time but I don't know why they included it in the NES classic.

4. My one buddy LOVED this one, and I think I can see why since the job classes help keep it fresh.

5 & 6 are solid, I like the freedom to choose from a cast in 5 and it sorta sucks you ultimately end up with a party you cant change in 4.

7. Is overrated as fuck and looks like ass today, I played it when it came out but I wouldn't play it today.

8. Sorta the same as 7, people say its a sleeper hit but it was way to easy to cheese that game somewhat early.

9. "The best one" according to the internet, I thought it was okay but not hyped like everyone eles would let you believe.

10. Sucks ass, once you get quick hit + haste the game becomes a bore.

I never played past 10.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:42 am

So where 15 quality overallfalls in the FF series ? I mean is it better than the 13s, 10s and other final fantasy that are well know for being bad? Is it equally bad as those?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes