Brad Jones, The Cinema Snob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Brad Jones, The Cinema Snob

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:08 pm

I think I'll check out some fansites for fun. I'd really like to know their theories on what that weird penguin could represent in terms of Judeo-Christian symbolism.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:48 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:57 pm
there were pointless religious references because japanese people think western religious iconography is kewl and hip.
At the time (the 90s) the west thought Buddhism was kewl and hip unlike those violent and angry baka gaijin religions. They only like it because it is exotic to them. Though I noticed it seems to only be Christianity they give a shit about, unless I'm mistaken.

But yes, Eva is trash and the fandom are a bunch of pocky stick munching, fedora wearing pretentious scum who probably browse r/atheism in between fap sessions staring at Asuka.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:43 am

Final episode is literally a psychotherapy session. 10/10 would fap again to symbolism.

Buddhism is full of violent fucks too, even though Irrlicht would disagree.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

sigh

Post by sigh » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:04 am

As far as I remember the Judeo-Christian visuals were nothing more then an aesthetic, as in 'It looks cool' no actual meaning behind it. Which didn't stop autistic people from finding grandiose hidden meanings. And to be fair the fanbase is the only thing that kept this alive so long(evageeks comes to mind). It was a failed giant robot anime that run out of time and money so they resorted to more introspective stuff that would fell into oblivion if it didn't find it's audience.

As for the show, Shinji must be the shittiest character I remember, before that the only type of character I despised as much as him were all the romantic characters and their weltschmerz or hover was that called,

Probably the worst though is that it still is going on, The 3rd movie in which Shinji becomes batshit insane and wants to destroy the world deliberately isn't even then end, They still plan a 4th one.
Last edited by sigh on Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:08 am

Gunbuster was better

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:46 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:08 am
*insert giant robot show* was better
Fixed

Rahxephon was a less-retarded clone of Eva. But literally anything is better. Daiguard was more fun.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:39 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:46 am
Guest wrote:
Fixed

Rahxephon was a less-retarded clone of Eva. But literally anything is better. Daiguard was more fun.
Was Code Geass any better? I never watched Evangelion, but Lelouch and his entourage are all completely terrible characters on their own.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Code Geass was shit. Bad characters awful plot too much fan service and Pizza Hut.

cuckson

Post by cuckson » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:28 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:46 am
Guest wrote:
Fixed

Rahxephon isnt an eva clone, its a raideen clone

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:00 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:43 am
Final episode is literally a psychotherapy session. 10/10 would fap again to symbolism.

Buddhism is full of violent fucks too, even though Irrlicht would disagree.
*Points at Japanese Buddhist warrior monks*
sigh wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:04 am
Probably the worst though is that it still is going on, The 3rd movie in which Shinji becomes batshit insane and wants to destroy the world deliberately isn't even then end, They still plan a 4th one.
"Stop trying to destroy the world!" has become my personal NGE meme.
Guest wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:05 pm
Code Geass was shit. Bad characters awful plot too much fan service and Pizza Hut.
The dichotomy between a rebellion main plot with what is basically a Batman villain in the lead and retarded animu highschool hijinks broke me. And looking how the franchise developed, they are apparently really trying to get their mileage out of the mystery backstory of that boring, pizza-eating bimbo.

Also "Lesbian meganekko moe blob is making out with a table while thinking about senpai" is a bit of a strange kind of fanservice.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette