Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movieblob

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:23 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:32 pm
The new Mario game has Mario running around in a poncho and a sombrero. What will Blob say about this horrific cultural appropriation?
He will probably demand that Nintendo put in a scene wherein Bowser throws Mario over a wall.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Is this Odyssey we're talking about or the game that Ubisoft is making?

Because Ubisoft would probably be creatively bankrupt enough to do something like that
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:12 pm
Does he have any actual opinions of his own?
No
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:12 pm
Much like with bideo james, I don't think Blob ever watched this Batman show or any other.
Of course he didn't. If he did, he wouldn't have waited until conveniently after Adam West had died to talk about how great and misunderstood it was and how it fits into his world view.

He's just using Adam West's death for viewership/shekels
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:41 pm

Oh and they're making a new Metroid Prime (evil jock bro-shooter) game instead of a sequel to the feminist empowerment opus Other M.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Seele

Post by Seele » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:17 pm

Metroid Prime 4 sounds good, but Retro Studios isn't working on it. The producer of Federation Force and Sticker Star will be involved. As long as Sakamoto is far the fuck away from the project, the better. Samus should be kept as a silent character. No boring monotone monologues about her husbando Adam or any of that sudden PTSD shit about Ridley, either.

As for that Mario x Rabbids crossover, it's a beginner's XCOM, but it's also a desperate attempt by Ubi to keep their cancerous Rabbids franchise from going extinct by parasitically​ attaching it to a well known Nintendo IP. Honestly, Miyamoto should've just rejected them for the sake of killing off Rabbids and gone with a dedicated SMRPG successor that isn't Paper Mario.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:41 am

Seele wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:17 pm
Metroid Prime 4 sounds good, but Retro Studios isn't working on it. The producer of Federation Force and Sticker Star will be involved.
Sounds like it'll be 300% top cancer, then.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Seele

Post by Seele » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:19 am

That's what also worries me. Depends on how much Nintendo restrains him along with Sakamoto. Just a clean slate for MP4 with a new engine and refined FPS gameplay with no emphasis on story for the love of everything that's holy, and maybe it'll be fine.

I don't like the sudden overhype surrounding it, though. It was just announced with a confirmation of current development, and Metroid fans are already creaming themselves over a title screen.

God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

Roker

Post by Roker » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:33 am

Roker wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:48 pm
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:32 pm
The new Mario game has Mario running around in a poncho and a sombrero. What will Blob say about this horrific cultural appropriation?
Even worse, it retcons his precious Mario canon. Donkey Kong now took place in New Donk City instead of Brooklyn, New York. Bob on suicide watch once he finds out.
Wouldn't you know it, I was (partially) right. His mind immediately went to how this affects the canon of the Mario universe once he found out about Pauline.
As for Metroid Prime 4, I'm sure it'll be relatively fine, as long as they keep Sakamoto on a tight leash, and prevent him from George Lucas-ing it.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:59 am

Seele wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:19 am
That's what also worries me. Depends on how much Nintendo restrains him along with Sakamoto. Just a clean slate for MP4 with a new engine and refined FPS gameplay with no emphasis on story for the love of everything that's holy, and maybe it'll be fine.

I don't like the sudden overhype surrounding it, though. It was just announced with a confirmation of current development, and Metroid fans are already creaming themselves over a title screen.

It smacks of ingratitude to bring back Metroid Prime and not use Retro Studios. Metroid would have been DEAD after the gamecube if not for Retro. Fusion and Zero Mission were good but they were handhelds like the Igavanias. Metroid Prime was the series that made the covers of all the big magazines and got those headlines. Prime arguably was a better game than Super Metroid, which is incredible when you really think about that shit and how much nostalgia people have for Super Metroid. Prime 2 and Prime 3 managed to somehow be worth playing, which was also incredible considering they were sequels. :lol:

I'm expecting any new Metroid to be total shit. Nintendo doesn't give a single fuck about what consumers want. They have some idea in their head of what they want to do, usually involving some shitty gimmick, and they seem to live in an echo chamber where they never acknowledge or even hear criticisms of their games.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:55 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:59 am
Seele wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:19 am

It smacks of ingratitude to bring back Metroid Prime and not use Retro Studios. Metroid would have been DEAD after the gamecube if not for Retro. Fusion and Zero Mission were good but they were handhelds like the Igavanias. Metroid Prime was the series that made the covers of all the big magazines and got those headlines. Prime arguably was a better game than Super Metroid, which is incredible when you really think about that shit and how much nostalgia people have for Super Metroid. Prime 2 and Prime 3 managed to somehow be worth playing, which was also incredible considering they were sequels. :lol:

I'm expecting any new Metroid to be total shit. Nintendo doesn't give a single fuck about what consumers want. They have some idea in their head of what they want to do, usually involving some shitty gimmick, and they seem to live in an echo chamber where they never acknowledge or even hear criticisms of their games.
At this point all i hope is the game to not make want to puke and/or rage. I fucking WISH for a Metroid that is even average, Metroid is not the only franchise Nintendo mistreat or killed i care for: Earthbound and F-Zero comes to mind
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:00 am

Roker wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:33 am
Wouldn't you know it, I was (partially) right. His mind immediately went to how this affects the canon of the Mario universe once he found out about Pauline.
Partially? You were completely right. You can see the little gears in his brain turning as he slowly realises he can't actually be Mario
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.