Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
AdorableOtter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by AdorableOtter » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:08 am

>Ash vs Evil Dead
I like the show as it is, but could be much better if Bruce Campbell was in shape. I know they are utilizing his poor physique for some fat jokes and he has never been muscular or athletic, but (supposedly) serious scenes doesn't look serious because he looks/moves around rather badly.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:03 pm

Im going to lose the little credibility Ive got left here and admit I kinda like the power rangers movie...

Its been a while since Ive seen a decent move so Im happy with less keep that in mind.
And as a power ranger movie it still fails to me since they become power rangers too late and the zords n stuff suck.

I did like it as a teenage bonding movie though, the character development was pretty nice and almost had a "breakfast club" feel to it. Nothing to deep but pretty decent for a kids movie.

Only hated to opening scene the rest was alright never got bored. The end fight sucked quite a bit though.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:31 pm

Is it true they where too cheap for an on-screen MegaZord combination scene? Though I kinda see why they did that , I mean that re-design doesn't even try to look like it combines from anything.

Though wether or not the movie had its moments, a sequel is unlikely, since it apparently bombed in China and they would probably have to add another 100 million to the budget since they can't just safe all the actual tokusatsu stuff for the last 10-15 minutes a second time.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:39 pm

Well cant say too much without spoiling it but indeed you dont see the megazord assemble,(probably because the outcome doesnt resemble the original zords put together in ANY way lol)

Lets just say all the zords dive underwater and resurface as megazord to compare it to what happens in the movie.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:47 pm

Wouldn't it have been awesome if they just took the robo-scenes from Pacific Rim and Transformers? Maybe the hand-to-hand combat from some Jackie Chan movie with a suit CGI'd on.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:12 pm

So stupid. You don't need another 100 million to have more fight scenes or have a Garden Grove that looks like it's in California instead of a Cucknadian mining town. It literally is SJW: The Movie.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:18 am

I dunno about that. They where pretty stingy in actually showing any CGI action, because that's how capeshit origin movies roll. People will probably demand a lot more action and fights and general power rangering, which won't make the sequel any cheaper.

Besides, 200ish million is right about the same as Pacific Rim and a Bayformer movie, so I'm not making shit up.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Taco Jim

Post by Taco Jim » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:22 pm

That kind of money is ridiculous for such a cheapy hammy show.

Taco Jim

Post by Taco Jim » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:26 pm

Mr. Saoirse Ronan wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:55 pm
Mummy was pretty good, washed the tasted of WW out of my mouth.

Pros:
*sexiest Mummy ever. Like damn.
*blonde lead was cute
*Mummies were kind of creepy, lots of action.

Cons:
*no sex
*no swearing
*very little violence
*it's clearly fucking made for CHINA.
And in the most unsurprising news ever, despite flopping in the US, The Mummy is cleaning up in China.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:30 pm

Taco Jim wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:22 pm
That kind of money is ridiculous for such a cheapy hammy show.
The Power Rangers show itself is probably pretty cheap considering 95% of the special effects are in stock footage, which also mean you have to pay less screentime for your own actors.

A AAA movie with 100% original footage on the other hand...
-Yours Truly