E3!

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: E3!

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:45 pm

Financially they are still profitable but otherwise they managed to run AC into the ground by the fourth game, Revelation. You could also argue it being the second expansion pack to AC2 if you want to be mean.
When AC3 came along people just wanted it to be different and only liked the boat sailing so in 4 they put a focus on it. The sailing is great fun and well done. It's the regular AC gameplay that just gets in the way of that. I don't want to run after some guy I don't care about to get information I don't care for when I could be sailing the seas and be a pirate.

Everything after 4 was the same old same old.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Auli

Post by Auli » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:39 pm

The best thing that came out of E3 where the words: "core rpg Pokemon game for the Switch".

zoooooooooooooooooooooomg
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Taco Jim

Post by Taco Jim » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:43 pm

What's the deal with all the afro black girls in every damn game? I know others have noticed it, but nobody seems to know why this is happening. Did some random '70s blacksploitation movie become the new Room or something when I wasn't looking?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Johnny wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:00 pm
For me, the story of the AssCreed series was ruined in the very first game the moment they decided to throw in bullshit modern day segments and reveal that the past segments of the game were actually repressed memories of the main character's descendant. I understand they toned down the Animus sub-plot in the later games, but that shit was enough for me to never bother exploring the rest of the series (it doesn't help that they made so many games in over a span of a decade).
I didn't even made it through the first one because the gameplay was too formulaic (and this is coming from someone who has played way more Warriors games than he'd like to admit) and that whole Animus shit felt tacked on.

That being said, the overall plot is like, so deep. It's so deep that you can't see shit. It's so deep that if it was a tentacle, it would go right into your ass and out of your mouth.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Auli

Post by Auli » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:52 pm

Taco Jim wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:43 pm
What's the deal with all the afro black girls in every damn game? I know others have noticed it, but nobody seems to know why this is happening. Did some random '70s blacksploitation movie become the new Room or something when I wasn't looking?
Because if you don't have black leads in a game nowadays, you're automatically racist.

That's pretty much it.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:08 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:01 pm
I didn't even made it through the first one because the gameplay was too formulaic (and this is coming from someone who has played way more Warriors games than he'd like to admit) and that whole Animus shit felt tacked on.

That being said, the overall plot is like, so deep. It's so deep that you can't see shit. It's so deep that if it was a tentacle, it would go right into your ass and out of your mouth.
The whole Animus thing was totally tacked on. They even said it after the release of the game.
It did ad a bit of mystery but I had a feeling they didn't know where to go with that whole story. After AC2 I knew I was right. They likely watched LOST and just wanted to add that flavour. Just like LOST it ends up in massive disappointment for those who expected some good resolve.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:10 am

Nobody has liked the Animus shit since day 1. The logical progression after asscreed 1 would be to nix it entirely and make the series completely historical. Just an account of ancient assassins killing people, and maybe tie it together with a modern story of a modern assassin killing people. Like, maybe he's an old man on death's door and he's telling these stories so someone will write them down to have a historical record of these killings, because he's pissed off at his assassin's guild or his dad or some shit, or he wants the historical record set straight. Because he's the last of these OG assassins left and maybe the record of his ancestors was passed down with memorization from generation to generation.

After a game or two, you could add a twist that maybe the OG pimp assassin isn't actually about to die and he was pretending to be a whistleblower to get close to some super well-protected targets. Basically just steal shit from Hitman Blood Money, fuck it that game is great.

I mean, that's the most obvious change I can think of. Get ride of the future shit and the virtual sim garbage nobody wanted. It would improve every asscreed game 1000% if I was playing History Channel's Assassin's Creed rather than dopey fuck time-jumping into a video game memory of asscreed.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:18 am

This doesn't need any kind of metaplot at all, be it set in the future or modern day. Just stick to the historical stuff and nothing else. That would work extra well for the annual release schedule since everything is self-contained and you don't have to worry about what to do if your main storyline just concluded.

Sure, you could have individual assassin's stories conclude, but then you can just introduce another one next time.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:52 pm

It was a marketing gimmick that worked really, really well. Speculation was all over the place when there were some glitches in the trailer for the game. Too bad it didn't add anything to the game.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!