Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:48 pm

Belated Media's prequels are top notch imo
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:56 pm

Sick trips, bruh!

The prequels should've been about Obi Wan and his adventures instead about Vader. He should've remained more mysterious.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:04 pm

CIANigger wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:48 pm
Their Episode 3 kinda sucked.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Rushy wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:04 pm
CIANigger wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:48 pm
Their Episode 3 kinda sucked.
I highly preferred it. It was a pretty good portrayal of a broken friendship, as he called it, and I could see the Jedi being killed off in a suicide mission vs being executed by their own government/army XD

"Well the jedi gave their lives, don't worry though! My new, strong, secure empire will protect you until we restore democracy, BTW I'm abolishing the Republic..."

Also his Anakin was a very good guy, and talented, but didn't come off as a dick head. ACTUALLY seduced by the dark side, and his marriage was a complete secret, so no stupid love story to go through.

His motivations for working his ass off only to be gated at the rank of Knight and being a former slave, was wonderful character development.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:00 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:57 pm
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:52 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:51 pm
It's still done poorly. Did Anakin even know he was the chosen one? I don't remember it being explicitly said to him.
He is there when the council is being told he is unique and might be the most powerful force user around yeah, and I think he is even told before that.
He knows he was only allowed training because Ching Chong convinced them but I think to remember, and I could misremember, that somebody says "the boy mustn't know" or something.
What exactly was the prophecy anyway? That he would bring balance to the force or something?

Id have to rewatch to confirm or discredit those kind of specific claims which isnt happening anytime soon but you might be right although I dont remember that line.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:41 pm

I vaguely remember Yoda going on about that. Again, I could easily be entirely mistaken. I don't care enough to re-watch and I will never re-watch any Star Wars.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Seele

Post by Seele » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:01 am

Rushy wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:26 pm
Episode 2 established right away that Obi-Wan and Anakin have a rocky relationship due to how differently they approach things, and it's affected them both. Obi-Wan's way more cynical than he was in Episode 1, and Anakin feels like he's being held back because Obi-Wan is a stickler to the rules. They didn't even want to become a team, it only happened out of respect for Qui-Gon.
We were never shown how they became that way, however. They just briefly mentioned their "adventures" in that one elevator scene as if we're supposed to give a shit. Anakin going from an overly giddy Gary Stu to a fucking emo manchild was jumping the shark and all around poor character development, which was consistently shitty throughout the entire Prequel Trilogy. Didn't help how they made Obi-Wan a colossal douchebag & Hayden Christensen's acting/dialogue as Anakin fucking abysmal, either.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:22 am

The huge gaps in time between the individual prequel episodes were a mistake. So much time passes that every Anakin might as well be a different character.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Taco Jim

Post by Taco Jim » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:40 pm

Did they ever explain what the hell happened to Poe after his X-Wing crashed? He just vanished. Was he thrown clear and abandoned Finn for the lulz?

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:16 pm

Taco Jim wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:40 pm
Did they ever explain what the hell happened to Poe after his X-Wing crashed? He just vanished. Was he thrown clear and abandoned Finn for the lulz?
I think he said he couldn't find Finn and found another way off-planet. In other words: they better develop this guy in IX, because he was more forced in than anyone else in the movie.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.