Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fighting Games

Post by mad bum » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:45 am

I can't wait for deadshot vs deadshot at evo finals.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:26 am

I've also heard great things about Aquaman's Tentacle Rape Barrage.

And lol at KoF14. The final boss is actually not an overpowered asshole this time around - something K' brought up in his ending. This shit is getting full-on meta.

And apparently they opened the floodgates for more characters from different time periods or even dimensions, Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum style. I hope we get more SamSho guys like Neinhalt, Cham-Cham or that giant zombie bloke.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:22 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:45 am
I can't wait for deadshot vs deadshot at evo finals.
Kabal vs Kabal in MK9 wasn't a joke. That shit happened IIRC in tourney play. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:23 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:22 am
+5 on block and with massive pushback. Hits high, though. Nothing feels worse than having a fucker duck under it.
It'd be broken as shit if not, though. IIRC it always hit high, at least in Tekken 5, Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag 2. I like those really dope high moves because it's the risk-reward on if it MIGHT whiff. Bryan has a few of those.

How's the capo balancing this time around? Capo a shit btw.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:44 pm

Eddy is considered to be one of the few advanced characters because of all his stances. Quite honestly, he's not really any different to fight against than other characters. Sure, it might look a bit more confusing at first where you're supposed to block but it's not like you don't need to know the strings of other characters to know that.
He's far from Tekken 3 bullshit Eddy. General opinion on him is "okay". Lucky Cloe will also absolutely rape you if you're not familiar with her. Once you are she's mediocre to bad.

Personally, I find Steve Fox much, much more tough to fight against. With Eddy you can at least tell "he's in this stance now so he only has these two strings so I need to block low" but Steve is much faster and has fewer tells.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:59 pm

I have an old Tekken 5 vanilla guide (there was no Dark Resurrection game guide) and Steve is pretty much the top 3 in tier rankings according to the guide. Seems pretty legit too, because a lot of the advice sounds like stuff tourney players would say.

So who do you main anyway, Kugel? I can't recall if you ever said. King?

I've said a bunch of times. Kaz in the old games. In the new ones, Leo. I also really like Dragunov, Bryan, King and Feng. Feng and Leo are both great. Really good examples of how to make a character who is overall exceptional without making them broken as fuck.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:58 pm

I still don't really know. For now I'm mostly playing Heihachi. Always liked the character from his fighting style and personality. He's hilarious.
I will always have a King. I "mained" King in Tekken 2 and 3 along with Brian and Yoshi so that's a given. Yoshi is a bit illusive to me in newer Tekkens so I likely won't pick him up.

I haven't had any time to really check Dragunov, Steve or even Jack out. I'll mess around some more. Brian is also always a possibility.
But for now I'm really comfortable with Heihachi. I played a lot of treasure battle with him and unlocked a swag costume and colour-changing hair. :lol:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:32 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:44 pm

Personally, I find Steve Fox much, much more tough to fight against. With Eddy you can at least tell "he's in this stance now so he only has these two strings so I need to block low" but Steve is much faster and has fewer tells.
>my main got buffed

Sold.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:10 pm

Speaking of characters annoying to deal with: Akuma. Suddenly, one has to figure out one's character's best anti-air. He's not OP anymore, though. Not like he was at EVO which was 100% intentional I bet. Akuma is also a lot more fun to play than he was in SFIV or V.
Just respect him when he's got meter. FADC combos deal absurd damage still, despite having gotten nerfed a couple of times. And don't fall for wakeup shoryukens like a couple of Tekken players did at EVO. Seriously, I could call those things coming and they got hit with it over and over again. Mind the invulnerability frames!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:07 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:58 pm
I haven't had any time to really check Dragunov, Steve or even Jack out. I'll mess around some more. Brian is also always a possibility.
But for now I'm really comfortable with Heihachi. I played a lot of treasure battle with him and unlocked a swag costume and colour-changing hair. :lol:
Drag is really cool. He's a very "fair" character in TTT2 and Tekken 5 DR. What I mean is that he plays by the rules of Tekken and his moves are very honest. If you win with him, you earned it. He doesn't have any super broken shit like TTT2 capos or easy spam moves like Bob the tourney tier whore.

That said, I'm not very good with him. I spent some time with Leo, Feng and Kazuya, but a lot less with Bryan and Dragunov. Apparently people are saying Leo is OP in Tekken 7 now.
RAPEMAN wrote: