Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:01 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:47 pm
Just part of his storyline where he kept dying and coming back to life at the end of every video.
http://i.imgur.com/5ccLtCs.gif
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:06 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:04 pm
And it's no wonder he shot it like that. It kepts the movie in line with his show, and his big inspiration Doge rarely did anything fancy with his movies, either.
True, but it's not like Doge's movies looked like his show. For one, he doesn't really do storylines as such. And secondly, he at least made an effort to go outside and shoot on location in Kickassia and Suburban Knights.

The issue I have with Lewis is that with the sole exception of getting a badly lit set, he did nothing to distinguish the movie from the show. The whole point of making a movie adaptation is making a cinematic, punchy version of the original product that celebrates all that people supposedly like about it. And to give him some credit, Doge did understand this and focused the anniversary specials on absurd adventures that had the e-celebs come together to have some fun.

Lewis, on the other hand, just did what he always does, except now a bunch of his colleagues were around for no apparent reason.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Shit, I think he legit believes that his show storylines are already movie-worthy. That's why the actual movie just had him waste money on crap :shock:
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:01 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:47 pm
Just part of his storyline where he kept dying and coming back to life at the end of every video.
http://i.imgur.com/5ccLtCs.gif
It's complicated, man. I didn't even get into the deep lore that is the Phelous D1 saga.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

sigh

Post by sigh » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Checked =3 views so the videos from height of his popularity are now around 8M to 10M, videos from the time he was going to change the host went down to about 4M, so he was on the downward slope by that time. Changing the host immediately resulted in a drop to 3M, which is substantial, I guess a presumed lack of repeated viewings could factor in with this one more. The new host ends his term on about 1M, which is abysmal, given from where he started, there is another change in hosts about 2 years ago. Immediate drop to 800K and ends her half year period on about 500K, There is another host change and it gets to 400K, I don't really know how to normalize it for time passage, but point taken changing hosts did slowly killed it offf.

Still I'm not sure if comparing that format to whatever Linky is doing is fair. As much as I don't get amused by his show it has his storylines that are a progressing narrative and if someone got caught up in it, xe could watch only for those [the comic book parts are the fluff; as I remember he had a stock arsenal of a couple criticisms that he would use, and read some parts of the comic, but every episode was pretty much the same, especially if he would review multiple issues of the same title], Notice that he still dosen't have the story-only videos and pretends that people aren't interested in those.

Killing of the nostalgia critic backfired because it was unexpected and he did promise other shows, that turned out to be trash. If he tried it now, and instead of killing the nc, replaced him with one of the recurring characters that aren't him, it could work, the viewership would probably drop, but it would find some audience, that were okay with the other characters, Doge could still be doing cameos or something from time to time.

Phelan's regeneration was a two-episode joke from the time he still enjoyed watching Doctor Who, which to be honest for a most part was an reimagining of the Irate gamer show done in a new Phelous style.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:14 pm

sigh wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:10 pm
Phelan's regeneration was a two-episode joke from the time he still enjoyed watching Doctor Who, which to be honest for a most part was an reimagining of the Irate gamer show done in a new Phelous style.
Did he ever say why he stopped watching? Just curious as a fan of the show.
Kugelfisch wrote:

sigh

Post by sigh » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:26 pm

I'm not sure if he stopped, though season's 8 finale and the Cyber-pollen were to much for him. Though it was the last time he commented on the show to my knowledge, previously he was talking something about Clara. I am curious if he liked what the show did with her, because at least for me that was the most annoying part.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:46 pm

Oh yeah, definitely. This season has been pretty good without her, though.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:00 pm

sigh wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:10 pm
Killing of the nostalgia critic backfired because it was unexpected and he did promise other shows, that turned out to be trash. If he tried it now, and instead of killing the nc, replaced him with one of the recurring characters that aren't him, it could work, the viewership would probably drop, but it would find some audience, that were okay with the other characters, Doge could still be doing cameos or something from time to time.
I don't really think he could sustain a big drop in viewership. People very much watch NC for Doge. You could argue that they didn't watch his other stuff and call into question why I think they come for Doge. Because they don't come for somebody else being the NC and neither for him being anything else. He's like a type-casted actor in a sense.

And I wrote all that with the old format in mind because I totally forgot that they don't even have movie scenes in the videos anymore. I seriously don't see people to keep on watching terrible acting when somebody replaces the guy they are emotionally attached to.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:06 pm

What is this "=3" people are referring to?

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:12 pm

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:06 pm
What is this "=3" people are referring to?
Ray William Johnson's show back in the 2000s.
Kugelfisch wrote: