Andrew Dobson

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Andrew Dobson

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:27 am

drisko wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:13 am
I think you're underestimating just how large Bob's audience is. Even these days, he still has a sizeable following and not just of 'haters' there are people who genuinely listen to what he says. Dobson on the other hand has always been a joke outside of deviantart.
This is pretty much what I said. He has a viewership. It's dwindling though. Most of his videos don't even get 100,000 views. Compare this to Sterling, who regularly gets that much, or even Yahtzee, who also regularly got that much despite not actually giving a shit about YouTube and just doing LPs for fun.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:35 pm

Nobody is arguing that Blob's a loser. Dobson is just yet another step down.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:36 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:35 pm
Exactly. It's hard to accept but there is a balder, fatter, loser who is even below Bob.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:41 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:35 pm
My point is merely that it's not that big a step down. The only difference between them is an audience. Literally everything else is the same. They're both morbidly obese. They're both bald or balding. They both spend 90% of their time on Twitter sperging about some injustice. Neither have a girlfriend. Neither have any actual friends. If one wasn't a 'cartoonist' and the other wasn't a 'critic', you could be forgiven for thinking they were the same person.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

drisko

Post by drisko » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:20 am

They practically are, though Bob is much more of a fascist. Dobby is just clueless and wants people to think he cares.

I would love to see those two collaborate on a project. Like, they came up with some spergy fan fic where Mario comes to the real world and has adventures with them. Bob uses his 'film making experience' to shoot the movie and Dobson animates in all the video game characters Roger Rabbit style. Except instead of putting in time and love they just shit out some garbage and insist it was their best effort.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:22 am

Silly you. Mario doesn't need to "come" to the real world. He's from Brooklyn!

And I bet this project would quickly fall apart due to the kind of creative differences that happen when two egos collide. Blob might not be too keen on having Peach OD on shrooms till she inflates. and Dobson might not appreciate a scene wherein Mario proclaims a total war against the Koopa race.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:33 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:22 am
Funnily enough both of them take those cartoons as gospel. Dobson hates Link now because he's blond and a blond haired boy used to pick on him at school.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
And I bet this project would quickly fall apart due to the kind of creative differences that happen when two egos collide. Blob might not be too keen on having Peach OD on shrooms till she inflates. and Dobson might not appreciate a scene wherein Mario proclaims a total war against the Koopa race.
They're more similar than they are different and they're both eager to be progressive. Dobson's unlikely to deny Bob his chance to insert a ham-fisted political message and Bob's unlikely to deny Dobson his chance to insert his inflation fetish because that would be fetish shaming.

One thing we can agree on is that it would be complete and utter shit.
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:52 pm

But there's still the issue of having to work together and making compromises.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:33 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Funnily enough both of them take those cartoons as gospel. Dobson hates Link now because he's blond and a blond haired boy used to pick on him at school.
If only Link had danger hair.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:54 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:52 pm
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:33 pm
If only Link had danger hair.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:46 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:52 pm
But there's still the issue of having to work together and making compromises.
That really comes down to whether either secretly hates himself and it would take another person just like them to bring it out, or whether they're so in love with themselves that they'd welcome the opportunity to work with someone who thinks almost exactly like them

My bet is they'd end up fucking
Kugelfisch wrote: