Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:38 pm

Most subscribed channel on YT at some point, no less.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:56 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:26 pm
Sigh, you seem to forget that =3 has been losing subscribers like nobody's business. The plan didn't work. It didn't even work for Keemstar and he's even more replaceable since nobody actually likes him or has to like the presenter of a drama show.
I think Johnson wanted to become a director with his new found jewtube wealth, hence why he stopped making the videos himself. Obviously, he wanted the golden goose to keep laying eggs at least for a while - the first host wasn't even that bad, certainly compared to the shit which came afterwars. But he wasn't Johnson, who was the reason people used to watch the show.

If Doge did this, I think it would destroy his little experiment. You are absolutely right that people watch NC because of Doge, hell, most of the visit the side because of him. If he got replaced by some random cunt, TGWTG autists would riot. And I'm not seeing Brad or someone else replacing him and taking the hyperactive manchild identity on themselves.

Holy shit he's just uploaded video after a year, something is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feQ50qi1AX0
Last edited by Some Sick Fuck on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:32 am

(Q) What have you been up to lately, Ray?
(A) I do stand up comedy (I'm currently touring the country). I produce sketches for Facebook. And I do a lot work in TV development.

Well, good for him. He mostly quit because he just wanted to do something different. Understandable.
I don't mind the guy at all. He's got charisma.

Doge's charisma only works on children (or those with the mind of one) and wears off quickly.
These kind of shows, those angry reviews, aren't fitting the current Zeitgeist anymore. I don't mean the whole political correctness of the crazies but rather what normalfags want. If he ever stops being the Nostalgia Critic the show will die a quick death. Most are watching it like they watch The Simpsons - it's just something they do but stopped being really into a long time ago. They will think it was fun while it lasted and go watch something else.

CA slept on the trends. We all know the whole BLIP BLIP BLIP thing and how they transitioned to YT way too late. They should've just gotten their own streaming solution and paywall their stuff. Sounds moronic but these days people are more willing to pay for such a thing than they were a couple of years ago.
They would've needed to really up the quality and get some people that don't suck shit and feel like third-rate YT 2006 nobodies, though.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kama

Post by Kama » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:38 am

Linkara has been watching super sentai for patreon reviews. Which I guess is the only way he would ever do that since he hates the good version of rainbow colored spandex heroes, but even so watching it happen is cringy

drisko

Post by drisko » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:25 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:56 pm
If Doge did this, I think it would destroy his little experiment. You are absolutely right that people watch NC because of Doge, hell, most of the visit the side because of him. If he got replaced by some random cunt, TGWTG autists would riot. And I'm not seeing Brad or someone else replacing him and taking the hyperactive manchild identity on themselves.
He probably would have tried to get Spoony to do it, he wanted to get him in everything.

I think it only would have worked if he had slowly phased out his version instead of a hard cut off like he tried to do when he quit the first time. Then he could see if the new guy or girl is working and then swap them out if they aren't. People get used to having a second reviewer who occasionally has the show to himself and then Doge starts to back away, maybe just showing up for a few jokes and then saying goodbye all together.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:29 am

The biggest thing for me with Lewis's movie is you can really tell he gave no shits on quality. If he wanted the spaceship CGI to look good, he could've googled one of the many CGI guys on YouTube, given them $5k and gotten something that at least looked better than what he got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvPrYMczF3k

Like this guy. This guy literally did all thsi CGI on his own on his home PC 5 years before LInky's movie, and it is GOOD.

Mister Show

Post by Mister Show » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:46 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:29 am
he could've googled one of the many CGI guys on YouTube, given them $5k and gotten something that at least looked better than what he got.
None of them speak clown.
Big money! Big prizes! I love it!

drisko

Post by drisko » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:31 am

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:29 am
The biggest thing for me with Lewis's movie is you can really tell he gave no shits on quality. If he wanted the spaceship CGI to look good, he could've googled one of the many CGI guys on YouTube, given them $5k and gotten something that at least looked better than what he got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvPrYMczF3k

Like this guy. This guy literally did all thsi CGI on his own on his home PC 5 years before LInky's movie, and it is GOOD.
I wouldn't be surprised if he never knew about these guys. The guy who made the models is the same dude who makes Linky's title cards, so he probably never bothered to research beyond that. Hell, he had Phelous doing the effects for the damn movie.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:47 am

Yup. Has Linky ever worked with someone who isn't at least tangentially related to Channel Awesome? Pat is probably the furthest out he gets, and he's still sort of linked to CA through AVGN.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:41 pm

He's like the Tom Cruise of CA. It may as well be an actual cult with how they live in their own little world.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!