Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fighting Games

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:15 am

My bad, it's just that I've fought this Dust of Osiris or whatever it's called often enough that I kinda went "WTF?!" seeing this in BB.
FuckSploony wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:01 pm
...now, if only Hudson made a new Bloody Roar.
They could really tap into the zeitgeits by having one of the new characters transform into a winged rainbow wolfman.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:32 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:42 am
FGC is cucked right now, thanks to their Capcom dependency.
Namco needs to get their foot in the door and push Tekken 7 and the new DBZ fighter hard. They have the same level of normie appeal Street Fighter has but at least Tekken (and possible the DBZ game) can draw in the tourneyfag crowd with their mechanics. The Street Fighter dependency will slowly kill the FGC if they aren't careful, something needs to kill Street Fighter off until the game isn't complete fucking shit.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:32 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:42 am
FGC is cucked right now, thanks to their Capcom dependency.
Namco needs to get their foot in the door and push Tekken 7 and the new DBZ fighter hard. They have the same level of normie appeal Street Fighter has but at least Tekken (and possible the DBZ game) can draw in the tourneyfag crowd with their mechanics. The Street Fighter dependency will slowly kill the FGC if they aren't careful, something needs to kill Street Fighter off until the game isn't complete fucking shit.
If the FGC would just start running tourneys based on the merit of the individual games, it would happen soon enough. Capcom would have to step up and provide an actually good fightan game. The FGC arguably SAVED fucking Capcom with SFV. If it weren't for the FGC shilling and pimping of Capcom's latest garbage, they'd have been fucked. SFV had a terrible rep when it launched.

Of course, "merit" is subjective, but anything is better than the current meta of shilling all the new AAA "hype" releases like true game industry cucks.

I mean, people still fucking play Melee in tourneys, but if you want to see an actually good capcom fighter played in the FGC, expect AT BEST to get some tiny side tournament or a "nostalgia" special event. IMO SFII also doesn't count for this example, since the game keeps being remade over and over and makes it into tournaments that way.

MK9 and MKX were promising. Shame Injustice turned out so shitty. Guilty Gear Xrd Sign/Revelator/whatever is in tourneys now, but it has basically supplanted all the other animu fighters in the FGC, many of which were better games.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:39 pm

EVO will have Blazblue as well.
What I find truly disgusting is the limping back to SFIV and Mahvel 3. Both were shit games. Just because the successors to them are even worse doesn't mean they are alright now. Constant degeneration and Capcom is kept alive artificially.
The FGC is made up of way too many whipped bitches. Nobody owes shit to Capcom. They didn't revive fightan with Shit Fighter IV: Ugly Edition. The niggers just didn't play the other games.
Virtua Fighter was too hard, Dead or Alive too simple, Soul Calibur was 3D as well so generally not fit to replace their precious SF. SNK was "lol that Capcom gayme ripoff" acting as if it was still the times of Fatal Fury 1 and as if they were even alive for that time or SNK was for Mexicans or some shit.

Truth is, they WANT the shit games. They want the simple, dumb, random SFV. It's perfect for them. It's got an inbuilt scrub excuse because "the game is bullshit anyway", just like Mahvel.
Fucking pussies with their "legacy skill" as well. They just don't want to learn a well-made fighting game. Shit's too hard. They want their combos they have been doing for eight years. They want to do the same shit they have been doing for all that time and then complain about it. As if one had to "deal with it". You don't. I don't and I wont. Fuck that shit!

I've spent 65 hours in SFV total. I've spent 4 hours in USFIV and just about another 60 hours in SSFIV. I figured they were utter trash and dropped them. Not spending time on a game that not even the pros like and is boring to play and watch.
Tekken 7 is standing at 53 hours right now and it will quickly surpass time spent with the last two SF in no time. I'm still learning how to move properly and have only just started learning some combos and I've already had more fun than I ever had with SFIV and V.
I'd rather be shit at Tekken and have fun than be good at SF and hate every second of it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:07 pm

"Pros" shilling hard for Crapcom. JWong was mocked lately on r/Kappa for being a shill, omg is you dont buy MvC:I then you are not good/part of the FGC... and shitting on DBZ too.
Lol, shills everywhere.

If i could create my own tournament, id doubt there would be anything Crapcom made in the last decade or more.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:07 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:39 pm
EVO will have Blazblue as well.
What I find truly disgusting is the limping back to SFIV and Mahvel 3. Both were shit games. Just because the successors to them are even worse doesn't mean they are alright now. Constant degeneration and Capcom is kept alive artificially.
The FGC is made up of way too many whipped bitches. Nobody owes shit to Capcom. They didn't revive fightan with Shit Fighter IV: Ugly Edition. The niggers just didn't play the other games.
Virtua Fighter was too hard, Dead or Alive too simple, Soul Calibur was 3D as well so generally not fit to replace their precious SF. SNK was "lol that Capcom gayme ripoff" acting as if it was still the times of Fatal Fury 1 and as if they were even alive for that time or SNK was for Mexicans or some shit.

Truth is, they WANT the shit games. They want the simple, dumb, random SFV. It's perfect for them. It's got an inbuilt scrub excuse because "the game is bullshit anyway", just like Mahvel.
Fucking pussies with their "legacy skill" as well. They just don't want to learn a well-made fighting game. Shit's too hard. They want their combos they have been doing for eight years. They want to do the same shit they have been doing for all that time and then complain about it. As if one had to "deal with it". You don't. I don't and I wont. Fuck that shit!

I've spent 65 hours in SFV total. I've spent 4 hours in USFIV and just about another 60 hours in SSFIV. I figured they were utter trash and dropped them. Not spending time on a game that not even the pros like and is boring to play and watch.
Tekken 7 is standing at 53 hours right now and it will quickly surpass time spent with the last two SF in no time. I'm still learning how to move properly and have only just started learning some combos and I've already had more fun than I ever had with SFIV and V.
I'd rather be shit at Tekken and have fun than be good at SF and hate every second of it.
Bolded parts are most important. Just because SFV is shit doesn't mean SFIV suddenly isn't shit. Legacy skill is a big part of it too. These pro players want to play the characters and movesets that they've been playing for TWENTY YEARS. They'll suffer through all of Capcom's bullshit to do that, rather than just replacing SFV with Third Strike or Alpha 2 at Evo.

"Oh, but those games won't get as many viewers."

Ok yeah, I can see why people will say that. People want to see the newest hyped AAA shit. But this is part of the cancer within gaymes shillnalism. And besides, most normies only remember the Daigo parries from Third Strike anyway. Get people excited to play and enjoy these old games at high levels. Last tournament I saw for Alpha 2/3? The fucking faggots in charge didn't even know shit about tiers or who could do what? I was watching a Karin match and the dude announcing was all "I don't know what this character does." Fuck off.

When you look at the animu fighting games scene, there's very little crossover between pro (for example) Blazblue players and pro Street Fighter players. Pro players don't want to learn a new game with new systems. Since money is at stake, a lot of those pro players will hitch their wagon to the franchise they are best at, rather than start over at a lower level with a game like Tekken or Virtua Fighter.

Virtua Fighter V, by the way, was probably one of the best arguments for getting a PS3/360 back in the early days of those systems.

Everyone can have their opinion about which games are good or bad, but IMO I think the Capcom fighting games of the last gen or two have been dogshit. I don't think that's a particularly controversial opinion and I don't see the need for the FGC to hitch their wagons to whatever shit game is new, JUST because it is new. There are tons of fighting games that don't make center stage at Evo EVEN when they're brand spanking new. So clearly there is some criteria beyond "this is the newest" to determine what fighting games are worth playing. Now they just need to apply that criteria to Crapcom.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:13 pm

Oh and Blazblue is going to be eventually replaced by Guilty Gear, Kugel. It's starting to happen. Central Fiction was released a fair while ago (in FGC years, lel) and it's unlikely we'll see another game for a while. Mostly that series is being kept alive in tournaments by the huge community of people who play it and enjoy it more than the alternatives. But Guilty Gear is the new hot shit for people who play animu fighters. That or whatever weeb moe game is new.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:19 pm

Then we just have to wait for BB to go 3D for the cycle to continue.
FuckSploony wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:07 pm
"Pros" shilling hard for Crapcom. JWong was mocked lately on r/Kappa for being a shill, omg is you dont buy MvC:I then you are not good/part of the FGC... and shitting on DBZ too.
Lol, shills everywhere.
I already hated this fucking fallacy when desparate Legacy of Kain fans went all "We have to support Nosgoth or we will never see a proper LoK again!"

You will never get what you want if you support bad decisions.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:26 pm

Sure, that's what it's all about. That's also why they hate Smash so fucking much. Nothing got them more buttmad than Smash at EVO. Is it because they just don't like Smash? Nope. They don't like plenty of games. Many they even play despite not liking them.
It's because that's a slot less for games they can play. By they I mean "pro players". What would Justing Wong do if they hadn't voted in Mahvel this year? Play SFV, I suppose. What if SFV was rightfully dropped because it's the most boring shit one has ever seen at EVO? Eat a dick, I suppose.
Nigger can't play GG or Blazblue. All of the Mahvel faggots that tried to play MK got rekt by some furfag. KoF? Not a chance in hell! That's Korea town and Tekken is even worse in that case! Smash? That's like asking some autist that ate nothing but chicken tenders for over a decade to try something completely different.
But when push comes to shove they potentially could learn some of those other games. Smash is completely impenetrable for them, though. Not just because it's radically different but also because they would have the shittest time at Smash tournaments after talking mad shit about it for years.

So who is shilling the new Mahvel, which looks like hot garbage and of which people hate the demo? Justing Wong, Philippino Champ, L.I. Joe and KBrad. All but L.I.Joe are current Mahvel 3 top competitors. Curious, innit? It's like they are doing it for free because they have an agenda.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:37 pm

SF tourneyfags will never infiltrate Tekken. Those people have been playing at top levels for almost as long as the street fighter players and Tekken is arguably a more complex game (I think few would dispute it TBH) thanks to the third dimension. That's like picturing a Mortal Kombat X player trying to jump in and learn Virtua Fighter 5 to compete at top tournament levels. :D

They've given up. They've hitched their wagons to Capcom because they think if they shill hard enough and generate enough hype for these shitty games, MAYBE they can keep touring the events, winning cash prizes and keeping their names out there. It's just "work" for a lot of them. They'll play and shill for a game they don't like, just so they can stay around and relevant.

I don't think it's even going to work, either. Shitty games don't have the kind of staying power good games do. I didn't become interested in blazblue tourney play because the FGC was shilling it. On the contrary, Blazblue gets its spot, but is usually a side event or relegated to anime conventions. People don't watch Smash Bros Melee tournaments because it's new and hype. :lol: People do want to see top level players playing games which are fun for everyone. It's more fun when you play a game yourself and can understand what you're looking at.
RAPEMAN wrote: