Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fighting Games

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:38 pm

Better be mediocre in many fighting games, than to be the champ of a game that nobody cares about.

Now I'm picturing someone who's like the master of Shaq-Fu.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:14 pm

I'm currently messing around with Leo in practise mode and it seems I didn't understand her the first time around. I was just going through the movelist and that was it.
Holy shit, I see now why she's considered top tier! You can string almost everything into everything and always have options to keep the enemy guessing.
For some reason, the movelist doesn't tell you that after a couple of strings you can hold back to go into her stance where she's got the right leg up. From that you can obviously do the moves of that stance. But you can also hold down-forward to directly go into her command crouch dash and do those moves OR you can wait a bit longer and do her while rising moves after that.

So basically, you gain really easy access to her while rising and crouch dash moves or her leg up stance from which you can again transition to crouch dash or while rising.
The rest of her moves are almost all either low crushes, evasive moves to force and punish a whiff or whiff punishes that close the distance really quickly.
Leo is fucking insane! Unless you're forced into a crouch you have options out the ass and it's not even like anything requires complicated inputs. Very intuitive! Everything you'd assume to work does so and requires fairly low execution, safe for a bit of timing.

I guess I'll spend the next couple of days on her and see what I can figure out. Looks like you can get really creative in your playstyle with her.

Edit: And a small bonus point for her being German, of course.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:47 pm

I just like her martial art style and that's why I use her. Sounds like they buffed her stance shit. Most of her stance options in TTT2, if I'm not mistaken and a scrub, were fairly obvious. She had a few good moves in every stance. Nothing EWGF-tier.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:45 am

She doesn't in T7 either. She seems very fair all in all. But forward motion is super easily maintained once you get a juggle.
I've also started working on my King but I still feel a bit lost in the neutral. I don't have a tool set with him yet. My RDC is shaping up rather nicely, though. I get it first try more than half of the time now.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:23 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:14 pm
Edit: And a small bonus point for her being German, of course.
But is she nobility, though? You can't be a German in a fighting game without some measure of blue blood. It's against the rules.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:23 pm

Nope. Hugo from SF isn't nobility either.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:52 pm

Hugo doesn't count because he's from Final Fight.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:58 pm

Where he was a generic enemy without any story. That whole lore shit is a SF thing.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:31 pm

If you could select the games for an EVO-like even of your own creation, which games would you choose? 6-8 games.
My list would be kinda like this:
- King of Fighters 2002UM: i also like 98UM but this one has more charas.
- DarkStalkers 3: love it.
- Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2: quite ashamed to admit that im enjoying this one a little more than ACP to be honest.
- Bloody Roar 4... or 3, cant choose. Like both.
- Street Fighter Alpha 3: best SF imo.
- King of Fighters 14: have turned out to be very good, would like more charas... like Blue Mary (since she is one of my mains, alongside Leona and Iori)
- Persona 4 Ultimax: love this game, a shame is so not mainstream beyond the year it was new. Still play it.
- Killer instincts: the snes one.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:11 pm

- KoF 98
- Garou
- Samsho IV
- Last Blade
- Tekken 7
- Virtua Fighter 4
- Soul Calibur 2