Wrassling Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Re: Wrassling Thread

Post by Poonoo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:13 am

Vulcan wrote:It just seems like the owner of LU is a total seat sniffer and wants Sexy Star to be his waifu.
They are based in California so I think they are just pozzed to shit. I think they did this because they thought Hillary would win (when she was about to win there was a row of fucking obvious female plants in pink LU shirts who looked like late 20s to middle aged women) and wanted to get on the girl power bandwagon. And even if that was the intention, there are better women on their roster who can actually wrestle, Sexy Star may be the worst female wrestler they have. Ivelisse in particular looks very comfortable wrestling the men and she was already over, when she nearly beat Mil Muertes (El Mesias) everyone bought into it like Jeff Hardy vs Taker. Taya is good too (though she struggled to keep up with Drago in one match so speed is an issue) and Mariposa (Cheerleader Melissa) is the best chick on the roster and carried Sexy Star to a MOTY candidate. They had so many options and could have poached many more from the US indies but they picked her. Fucking stupid.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Vulcan

Post by Vulcan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:08 pm

Didn't they have her beat their unstoppable monster: Matanza? I loathe intergender wrestler because it's dumb as fuck but that takes it to new heights.

I also heard she's dropping the mask now and moving into boxing, talk about getting cucked.

Joe Roscoe

Post by Joe Roscoe » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:30 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Vulcan wrote:It just seems like the owner of LU is a total seat sniffer and wants Sexy Star to be his waifu.
They are based in California so I think they are just pozzed to shit. I think they did this because they thought Hillary would win (when she was about to win there was a row of fucking obvious female plants in pink LU shirts who looked like late 20s to middle aged women) and wanted to get on the girl power bandwagon. And even if that was the intention, there are better women on their roster who can actually wrestle, Sexy Star may be the worst female wrestler they have. Ivelisse in particular looks very comfortable wrestling the men and she was already over, when she nearly beat Mil Muertes (El Mesias) everyone bought into it like Jeff Hardy vs Taker. Taya is good too (though she struggled to keep up with Drago in one match so speed is an issue) and Mariposa (Cheerleader Melissa) is the best chick on the roster and carried Sexy Star to a MOTY candidate. They had so many options and could have poached many more from the US indies but they picked her. Fucking stupid.
Yeah, it could also be Sexy Star was the first female on their roster but the Hillary support is not true since executive producer and also creator of shows like Survivor, Mark Burnett, and even head writer, Christopher DeJoseph, openly supported Trump

Though in Mexico, Brian Cage and Johnny Mundo do a pro-Trump gimmick for heel heat, which also lead CMLL having a similar wrestler as well

Ya Amber Heard Me?!

Post by Ya Amber Heard Me?! » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:33 pm

I haven't kept up with wrestling for a long time, but I was in love with that brown chick who did the splits when getting into the ring. Did she ever get naked?

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:32 am

Ya Amber Heard Me?! wrote:I haven't kept up with wrestling for a long time, but I was in love with that brown chick who did the splits when getting into the ring. Did she ever get naked?
No, but she cucked John Morrison (the guy who would come out with her) big time in real life and the loser kept coming back. :lol:
Vulcan wrote:Didn't they have her beat their unstoppable monster: Matanza? I loathe intergender wrestler because it's dumb as fuck but that takes it to new heights.
No, Dario got cocky and had him defend the belt in an Aztec Warfare Match (their Royal Rumble, except it's pin falls and what not to eliminate someone rather than over the top rope) and entered him number 1. He lost after 6 people hit him with kicks and Rey Mysterio finished it off to eliminate him early. Yeah, build up your monster so the old vet who doesn't need putting over goes over.

But she was in the final 2 with Mil Muertes, the other big monster (who is actually larger than Matazna) and beat him. It was stupid, Mil was winning and decides to randomly use weapons and shit for no reason and she beat him because of it. She won with the worst top rope double stomp I have ever fucking seen.
Joe Roscoe wrote: Yeah, it could also be Sexy Star was the first female on their roster but the Hillary support is not true since executive producer and also creator of shows like Survivor, Mark Burnett, and even head writer, Christopher DeJoseph, openly supported Trump
I am very surprised by this, because the way that fuck Matt Striker kept saying "SEXY STAR IS A HERO TO THE YOUNG GIRLS" every damn episode was so forced and fake (don't tell us she is a hero to little girls, SHOW US. That's why Ivelisse was more popular, she would try to fight with a broken ankle and came across as tough) that I thought that the people running the show were trying to force that shit because feminism.
Old Black Man wrote:
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Joe Roscoe

Post by Joe Roscoe » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:01 am

Poonoo wrote:
Joe Roscoe wrote: Yeah, it could also be Sexy Star was the first female on their roster but the Hillary support is not true since executive producer and also creator of shows like Survivor, Mark Burnett, and even head writer, Christopher DeJoseph, openly supported Trump
I am very surprised by this, because the way that fuck Matt Striker kept saying "SEXY STAR IS A HERO TO THE YOUNG GIRLS" every damn episode was so forced and fake (don't tell us she is a hero to little girls, SHOW US. That's why Ivelisse was more popular, she would try to fight with a broken ankle and came across as tough) that I thought that the people running the show were trying to force that shit because feminism.
The main reason why Sexy Star gets pushed over Ivelisse is the fact that behind the scenes, Ivelisse is very hard to work with and is much worse working on her own, hence why she is in tag matches

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:20 am

I've heard she is just like her character, the typical alpha posturing Latina with attitude.

Still, she isn't the best in the ring or anything but she didn't look stupid against Mil like Sexy Star did. She is good enough to not be a joke and her tough personality makes her believable. A shame her ankles are weak as piss.

With so many women in promotions like Shimmer who would kill to be on television and be in her spot it's baffling why she was chosen to be the one. During Mania 31 I went to the Shimmer show they did, they held a tournament and every woman in it bar maybe one if them were leagues better than Sexy Star.
Old Black Man wrote:

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:14 am

Any opinions about Wrestlemania 33?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:44 am

Solid, first half was much better than the latter half.

Pre Show:

Neville vs Aries: Great cruiserweight match, Neville has been amazing since turning heel

Andre Battle Royal: This thing will be seen as a joke soon. Mojo is trash and only got it so his friend who plays for the Patriots can appear to get their "Sportscenter Moment". Should have been Braun's match but they got him and Big Show out early for fucking Mojo Rawley.

Ambrose vs Krang: Dull match.

Main Show:

AJ Styles vs Shane O Mac: This match had no right to be as good as it was. AJ could have a 4 star match with a fucking broom, and Shane going for the Shooting Star press at his age shocked everyone. Match of the night somehow.

Kevin Owens vs Jericho: It was OK, the ending felt a bit abrupt for me though.

4 way women's title match: Solid stuff, it was good early on with Nia dominating everyone but after she went the match felt a bit flat for me. Partly because they broke Charlotte's streak the PPV before for no fucking reason at all. If they had done it here it would have been a bigger deal.

4 Way Ladder match: Holy shit the Hardy's are back. Like how they teased The New Day being the new team and the match itself was a good ladder match and had that nostalgia factor with the Hardy's. Nothing special though.

Cena and Nikki vs Miz and Maryse: This is when the show went downhill a bit. Match was crap like I expected (the build up to it was great though) but you had that feel good moment of Cena legit proposing to Nikki, despite some aspie fucks on camera booing and shaking their heads like dweebs. And as you'd expect, they looked like fat neckbearded losers. Stop being a smarky cuntwad for two seconds.

At least the whole crowd wasn't that bad for it.

Seth vs HHH: Slow as fuck like a lot of HHH's recent matches. He may look like a million bucks, but fuck me he is sluggish as fuck. Seth couldn't carry him either since he just recovered from injury and was sick the night before. It wasn't trash or anything, but this match should have short with them trying to fucking kill each other.

And HHH being an egotistical shit with his big wank of an entrance while the guy you are supposed to like gets a boring one. How the hell do you cheer a guy after the bad guy has such a cool entrance? Typical Kliq, they get themselves over whether they are heel or face.

Orton vs Bray: Dull match. Bray having that light show shit appear on the ring mat was gimmicky and stupid too and he should have won anyway.

Lesnar vs Goldberg: Exactly what it needed to be. A short, dumb match with two juggernauts crashing into each other. Only 5 minutes, but that's all it needed. After a few dull matches this one helped brighten things up.

6 way womens title match for Smackdown: Obvious filler to settle people down for the last match since having too many main event matches in a row can tire the crowd. Meh.

Roman vs Taker: Taker should have retired earlier. It was embarrassing watching him try to do the Last Ride and failing to lift Roman up. He looked like a beat up old man out there with no energy left to fight. Roman is not good enough to carry him and Vince having him be the one to retire Taker will only make him the most hated man in wrestling. The crowd on Raw wanted him dead and I liked how they flat out chanted at Vince that Roman sucked. If Roman doesn't turn heel now then Vince needs to step down and retire, and merely keep making money like an investor.

I watched NJPW's Sakura Genesis yesterday, solid card and even the undercard tag matches were pretty good. Shibata man, fuck me he fought his fucking heart out. He truly looked strong in defeat, loved the story told that he didn't make a single mistake and wrestled perfectly, but just wasn't good enough to overcome Okada's resilience. Cyrus on commentary was great at selling that aspect. And jesus, when he took those rainmakers but was still standing, man it made him look tough as nails.

And yes, Wrestle Kingdom outshined Wrestlemania like it does every year. Any wrestling fan owes it to themselves to check out NJPW, it's mostly just monthly shows you need to keep up with so it's not a huge commitment.
Old Black Man wrote:

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:25 pm

I was sad that Seth didn't bucklebomb HHH and retire him like Sting at least the selfish cunt put Seth over.