Fuck steam, those sales get worse every year

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Fuck steam, those sales get worse every year

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:08 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:32 pm
matchmaking in theory is good, too bad devs dont give a fuck about implementing one that works good instead of just finding some randoms to throw together.
That's 100% intentional. It's the noob-friendliest shit they can do. They never have to take any responsibility for sucking dick at the game and can always just blame their rando team mates. It's scrub shit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:51 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:32 pm
matchmaking in theory is good, too bad devs dont give a fuck about implementing one that works good instead of just finding some randoms to throw together.
That's something that has always shitted me. Even in something like COD where they have levels you aren't even grouped with people at the same level at all, number sorting is such a basic thing to program too and yet devs can;t get that right at all. I understand a game with a small number of online players having this issue, but when games like COD that have a massive player base have half the match full of people at near max level you clearly aren't fucking trying.

And as Kugel said, when you could actually select servers you liked it was much better than this cancerous match making crap.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:27 am

My problem with match making is I'm playing games solo 99% if the time, so nothing feels worse than getting shit stomped by some pre-org team who take the shit to seriously.

More games need solo queue, overwatch should of done it by now since enough people play it to not divide the player base.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:19 pm

mad bum wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:27 am
My problem with match making is I'm playing games solo 99% if the time, so nothing feels worse than getting shit stomped by some pre-org team who take the shit to seriously.

More games need solo queue, overwatch should of done it by now since enough people play it to not divide the player base.
And there's the issue. A solo queue would be great. But as it stands you can't play a team-based game as a group without thousands of faggots crying. Solofaggots destroy and have destroyed all good team games. Fuck you! Play a single player game or a deathmatch. You go alone into a team game you ought to get your shit kicked in.

Fuckers destroyed Mechwarrior: Online quickly after the closed beta. First they reduced the group limit from a full 8 man team to 5, then to three, then they made it so only full groups could play against full groups.
Arbitrary bullshit to make playing with friends harder on some public server. When there were still proper servers all that was no problem at all. You play CS and the clan that owns the server comes along with four people to play? You could either try and git gud or just fuck off to another server. There were hundreds with good ping. There were also noob servers. Problem solved!

So you don't want clans to go and pubstomp in MW:O? Great, give us a way of choosing the map and who you go against. Give us a way to just host an empty game without time limits to practice stuff so we don't have to do that in live games against some noobs where you could easily ignore the shitters to check out positions on maps.
Because it really fucking sucks to take the gamble and go with a full laser and PPC build and end up on a volcanic map. You've lost already in that case!

They also destroyed Planetside 2. Because faggots where whining enough that they couldn't hold some outpost alone on foot against a couple of tanks with air support all the vehicles were nerfed to shit. If I had a penny for every time I read a cunt in the forums going "Oh but if I'm skilled enough I should be able to hold that base". No, motherfucker, you shouldn't! You should be fucked five ways 'till Sunday if you're one guy against tanks.

Group play is getting less and less possible. Expecting a group to have fun when all they can do is getting thrown on some random map against some other random group is ridiculous. It's like being in a sports team and only being allowed to play actual matches with no way of training.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:15 pm

Why should I be punished by wanting to play by myself? It's group fags who just want to pubstomp. Solo queue makes things more fun and fair, while your groupies can go shit talk to each other.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:40 pm

mad bum wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:15 pm
Why should I be punished by wanting to play by myself? It's group fags who just want to pubstomp. Solo queue makes things more fun and fair, while your groupies can go shit talk to each other.
Because you're playing a team-based game. You're going to be at a disadvantage either way.
What clans actually want are self-hosted, dedicated servers. Matchmaking can be as fucked as they want it to be, I'd rather not deal with it at all.
Without that you get team games that never develop a lasting or good scene and a game that will either die within one or two years or something that's going to be ultra-casual crap like Overcuck. There are dozens of those shit games already. I just want a proper fucking clan game again. Is that so much to ask? Solofags have loads of casual shit already.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:46 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:19 pm
mad bum wrote:

And there's the issue. A solo queue would be great. But as it stands you can't play a team-based game as a group without thousands of faggots crying. Solofaggots destroy and have destroyed all good team games. Fuck you! Play a single player game or a deathmatch. You go alone into a team game you ought to get your shit kicked in.
Checkmate Libertarians, you just got BTFO.
Old Black Man wrote:
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:50 am

Poonoo wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:46 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
mad bum wrote:

https://media.giphy.com/media/gngO1gmBhS9na/giphy.gif

The fuck you talking about aussie?
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:25 am

mad bum wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:50 am
Poonoo wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:46 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:

https://media.giphy.com/media/gngO1gmBhS9na/giphy.gif

The fuck you talking about aussie?
Kugel has repeatedly said that group dynamics will crush an individualistic Libertarian society. Solofaggots are the libertarians of online gaming, doing everything individually rather than working as a group who are united.

If you don't get that, then I was just being a shitposting aussie I guess.
Old Black Man wrote:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:21 pm

Is there any other kind of aussie?
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]