Jogwheel

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Jogwheel

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:32 am

Does Nintendo's bullshit fly in Japan? Is it just something the baka gaijin don't get? I know nips aren't known for their computer skills but they gotta know something's up.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:58 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:32 am
Does Nintendo's bullshit fly in Japan? Is it just something the baka gaijin don't get? I know nips aren't known for their computer skills but they gotta know something's up.
Everything is more expensive in Japan anyway, and they don't play console games anymore like they did in the 90s, only handhelds. If anything, Nintendo of Japan are probably the ones being fuckwits about this.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:33 am

I feel you with that wiiu thing, I can find xbox 360's for 10 dollars but they still want $200 for a wiiU when I can get a switch for $100 more.

If Mario Maker came to the switch I wouldn't even care so much about the wiiu, but that game looks like a lot of fun despite the lets plays flooding everywhere.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:32 pm

I think it also has to do with not wanting to be stuck with old stock. Nintendo is still doing alright money-wise but producing something in high numbers and not getting rid of it could be very bad for them. It's better to tell your stockholders that shit flies off the shelves.
On the other hand they could sell so much more. I'm not quite sure what the deal is with Nintendo right now. All I know is that the upcoming Mario better be great and sell systems or they are in deep shit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:11 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:39 am
It's already been speculated that nintendo purposely puts out short supply so you have that mentality of "I have to buy this". Shit if anything those amibo's prove this. So generally the flow is the scalpers buy everything, nintendo makes money, consumer gets fucked but cucks the extra $200 for their shitty emulator.

Nintendo still ends up winning while they let the plebs fight it out.
I'm 100% that this is deliberate on Nintendo's part. They have marketing and advertising people. They know what the rough demand will be for their products. They consistently underproduce so as to drive up prices and make consumers feel like they HAVE to buy right away. Scalpers see that shit and laugh their asses off, buy everything ahead of time and make 2-3x their money back in the initial months/first year.

It's a completely anti-consumer business practice, but this is Nintendo. "Anti-consumer" is more core to Nintendo's identity than fucking Mario at this point. :D
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:16 pm

Oh and Poonoo, my theory on Nintendo is they genuinely believe they cannot be replaced. They don't look at the market and think "entertainment (video games) are super cheap compared to years ago, there are more options than ever for gaming and the market is full of competitors who offer more for less money." What they see when they look at the market is this:

"We are NINTENDO. These other competitors provide a better product, more of it and charge less, but we are NINTENDO. All other games pale in comparison to ours. We've been making games for years! We have an eight-year legacy, and our fans like and respect that! They want to contribute to our success and help us pay our billth. Other competitors might have good games, but do they have MARIO, ZELDA AND METROID? I think not! Who cares if we remake the same shit a billion times and charge more each time? We're NINTENDO, motherfuckers! We're better than all the other companies. Other games are shit compared to us. You'll pay whatever we ask, put up with our gimmick bullshit controls and you'll ask us for more. If you're lucky, we'll allow you to pay extra to scalpers to buy our fantastic new games that play 99% like the old games you already own."

My suspicion is that Nintendo has a very insular corporate culture where they view non-Nintendo products as trash and think they are at the top of their industry in innovation, quality and design.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:19 pm

Did you just claim that Nintendo gives a shit about Metroid?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Yes

Post by Yes » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:24 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:19 pm
They just gave us a logo, what more do you want?
Swedish smiths spend years working on a single sperge and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest Let's players known to mankind.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:33 pm

Nah, Nintendo doesn't want to compete in the first place. Why do you think they always just have to have some gimmick?
To be fair, the general concept of the Switch is good. Take your console with you seamlessly! Great idea! But such a thing doesn't work in today's market with crappy hardware.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:27 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:19 pm
They don't give a shit about any of their franchises. They give a shit that YOU give a shit. :lol: They think they're amazing and unstoppable because of the dickriding nintendo fanbase that treats them that way. They've fooled themselves into thinking they are the best around and nobody will ever keep them down.
RAPEMAN wrote: