Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fighting Games

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:42 am

It really freaked me out that this Verse guy in KoF is just a normal CPU opponent with 3x health. Though at least that means I no longer have to abuse KoFs continue options to unlock the endings.

(My lulziest SNK boss is probably Dark Ash. You can break his AI by just sweeping him. Or by picking Goro and just spamming his ground pound. It's hilarious. I also found an explot with Omega Rugal if you have a special move that can jump over him, though he's still aggressive as fuck.)
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:19 am
Tekken bosses have never been fair. Namco in general has a problem with input-reading CPU. But DSP doesn't fight the CPU most of the time when he plays namco games, so his excuses won't work against human opponents. Human opponents can't read your inputs, so DSP gets punished/counterhit because he's a mashing scrub who is predictable.
Put he'd fight those CPU opponents in a lag-free environment, where he reigns supreme.

EDIT: Fuck me that final Devil Kazuya fight is riddick. He just activates permanent super armor that only goes away if he does a super - which he apparently never does in the final phase of the fight so you just have to poke him to death while he tries to air juggle your ass? Good times.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:26 am

I remember fighting Jinpachi in Tekken 5 as a lad and raging quite a bit. But Tekken 5 was one of those games I only sometimes played. My PS2/gamecube/og xbox years with fighting games were spent on Soul Calibur 2, Dead or Alive 3, Virtua Fighter 4 Evo and KoF XI. Tekken 5 was one of those games I popped in now and then to marvel at the visuals, which were unbelievable for a ps2 game at that time. They still look really nice.

I didn't start to play Tekken more seriously until TTT2. But I don't really like TTT2 that much now that I've played Tekken 6 and realized how annoying the tag system is for me personally. I don't like tagging at all and I hate the bound system.

IMO the cheapest SNK boss I've fought was Magaki (sp) from KoF XI. He's like Orochi, but with more bullshit. He has a fullscreen super that does ridiculous chip damage, so he can easily spam that shit and chip you out. He teleports around and reads all your inputs. Don't get me wrong-Omega Rugal is a son of a bitch, but at least I know he's going to spam that bullshit kick whenever I get close to him. With Magaki, it's not so much knowing what he's going to do, as the fact you can't really punish any of it.

KoF XI is probably my favorite KoF roster. Might be my favorite KoF game overall, although '98 Ultimate Match is really close. I would say that the older KoF games (like 98) hold up better than the SFII series does. At least for me. I played KoF 95 recently as part of a collection and it was definitely playable and nice to look at.

Of course, it hardly needs to be said that KoF XIII is MILES better than every version of SFIV.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:56 am

KoF XI is cool. The roster's pretty gud already, but then you can also unlock additional characters ported over from Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, and there's a truckload of mid-bosses to fight and also unlock.

But man, Magaki is an asshole. He can grab you from across the screen, spam projectiles from all sorts of angles, and he has this annoying mist projectile that just eats all your projectiles. I don't think I ever managed to beat him without the "Reduce boss HP because this shit is getting stupid" option.

Though I think he's not quite as bad as this evil Gaoh from SamSho VI. Insane reach, insane speed, insane priority, insane damage and chip damage, and you can never disarm him no matter what. That cheap-ass mofo would already be tough if he as a KoF boss, but here in SamSho you have to fight him alone. Dude can just combo everything into everything if he decides to go ballistic. The only consistent way I know of beating him are long-range projectiles that knock him down, and even then you only have a small window where he pretty much never blocks after standing up.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:05 am

Pretty sure I beat Magaki multiple times legit. I played a LOT of KoF XI back in the day. Knowing what he does helps, but like I said, the fucker can always turtle and chip you out with his screen-filling super. Even if you play perfectly, he can just teleport into super and chip you out.

The extra characters in KoF XI really elevate the game. You get the best characters from Garou + a bunch of other neat dudes from SNK titles.

Samsho VI is a pile of shit in my opinion and I hardly played that game at all.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:10 am

I mainly played VI because you get to play as everyone, even the fucking mascots.

EDIT: Man, Special Chapter Akuma goes apeshit like a DBZ character. Also Leo's VA is friggin' hilarious.

EDIT2: Totally forgot that KoFXI had an Arrange Mode. I think it tweaks some stuff, adds some 3D stages, and makes Magaki less annoying...
-Yours Truly

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:55 am

Arcsys is kicking Crapcom MVCI next, how the fuck can it compete with Dragon Ball Fighter Z or this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2Qw-ztFrK4
Yeah it has 1 shitty franchise in it but the other 3 far make up for it.
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:28 am

Cool. I play weeb fightan games, so this interests me.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:59 am

Charlar wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:55 am
Arcsys is kicking Crapcom MVCI next, how the fuck can it compete with Dragon Ball Fighter Z or this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2Qw-ztFrK4
Yeah it has 1 shitty franchise in it but the other 3 far make up for it.
Dragonball Fighter Z was ArkSys killing Capcom...

THIS is them teabagging the shit out of Capcom
This top comment nails it. Jesus Crapcom, Arika are showing you how to do Street Fighter EX, ArcSys showed up MVC TWICE and Tekken 7 has way more players than SF5. At least your games aren't as shit as Injustice.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:03 pm

What wonderful times we live in.
Poonoo wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:59 am
At least your games aren't as shit as Injustice.
Yet.
-Yours Truly

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:05 pm

It'd be hard to top injustass, where they should of nerfed before evo instead of letting chumps just cheese there way to winning, I'll give sfv the fact that even though punk is top shit right now he's not unbeatable.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]