Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: Movieblob

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:15 pm

suzaku wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:31 pm
At some point I'm sure Bob trying to get a job will be his personal vietnam
I wonder how many of these e-celebs have made themselves entirely unemployable. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:34 pm

If they haven't gotten spun off their e-fame into real fame in some way (tv show, movie, a bestselling book from a real publisher and not whatever vanity press publishes blob's shit) within a few years then they aren't getting anything better. And the famous youtubers are usually making content for normies. Binging With Babbish for example. New York film school student. Sound familiar Lindsay? Gets big showing people how to cook food from tv shows and movies. Makes enough off Patreon to quit work, get a book deal, and talks of a Netflix series. Because he makes something people want, not spending 6 hours on twitter and sperging about identity politics and media.

Kama

Post by Kama » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:52 pm

And the reality is that Bob is such a faggot that no one wants him.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Any e-celeb who can't pass the google test isn't getting hired to a decent job. Possibly ever.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:05 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:15 pm
I wonder how many of these e-celebs have made themselves entirely unemployable. :lol:
90% of them. What skills do they have?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:12 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:05 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Delusions of grandeur and unwarranted self-importance.

I guess Linkara has a better chance than most because he can actually follow a schedule.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:43 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:05 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
None, but then again, wallmart isn't picky with their greeters. Shit jobs are always there for grabs, I think the only one thta had trouble with them was Sean Faustz because he was too fucking fat (and did not finish high school)

drisko

Post by drisko » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:41 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:49 pm
drisko wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:47 am
I doubt it, just because I doubt Yahtzee bothered getting involved in that crap. I'd say more likely it was his editor, who was tired of putting up with his shit, deciding it was time to shit can him.
I don't deny that Blob is probably blowing shit way out of proportion. But consider, Yahtzee's the star of The Escapist. If Yahtzee went to Macris or whoever and said 'You can't fire Bob. We absolutely cannot do without Bob' then they might have in the very least considered keeping him. Editorial probably asked him what he thought about Bob and he might have given a non-committal response which Bob took as absolute betrayal. There's also to consider the fact that every mention that Yahtzee's made about Bob, except one, hasn't exactly been positive.
Yeah, that makes sense, I forgot to factor in the fact that Bob isn't a rational person. Also, when I googled Yahtzee and Bob Chipman/Moviebob nothing related to the two came up except for the panels. Do you have a link to the other times, because that sounds hilarious.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:17 am

drisko wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:41 am
Yeah, that makes sense, I forgot to factor in the fact that Bob isn't a rational person. Also, when I googled Yahtzee and Bob Chipman/Moviebob nothing related to the two came up except for the panels. Do you have a link to the other times, because that sounds hilarious.
Aside from Extra Consideration which was an article series where Yahtzee, Bob and a third person (usually James Portnow, the guy off Extra Credits) would talk back and forth about a game related subject (you can imagine how out of his depth Bob was on that one), Yahtzee's made the following mentions of Bob:
Positive: Negative: Aside from that, Yahtzee's pretty professional. Doesn't do Twitter much, doesn't talk shit about colleagues. Very rarely talks shit about other e-celebs, with the notable exception of Tim Buckley. He's basically the opposite of Bob in almost every conceivable way.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:21 am

The thing I find really sad about Bob is that it seems to me that he actually thinks that the pop culture of his childhood was created for him because the people who create those games, movies and tv shows love him, instead of being cynically marketed to his generation to make a quick buck. Bob is a man in his 30s who hasn't learned to all important lesson that pop culture isn't your friend. Fuckin' Captain N The Game Master wasn't created out of the pure love energy of the universe, it was made by some shitty production company because Nintendo needed another(!) cartoon advertise to children and because kids will watch whatever shitty cartoon you set in front of them. He needs to learn that fandom isn't shit, it's great a like things and you can like all the things you want, but overall, being fan isn't great or important, it's just something to kill time.

Bob may love Mario but, Mario does not love Bob.