Seeing more and more hentai games on steam is kind off disturbing.

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Seeing more and more hentai games on steam is kind off disturbing.

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Not to mention the whole "You have to get to max level before the real game begins" attitude, which begs the question why there are even levels to begin with (among other things).

(To which the hardcore gamer anwser is of course "But dewd, you need that time to learn the intricate game system!", as they themselves didn't just look up some optimized builds on some wikia.)

And I prefer my games to have a definitive end, 'cause then I have a much better chance of running into decent game progression.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:07 pm

Most MMOs try to sell their game system and hope that you'll play it because it's a social experience rather than just a video game. Just take a look at WoW-- most people only keep playing because their friends keep playing and their friends only keep playing because their friends keep playing.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:10 pm

Fuck Steam. Now its all either:

- Unfinished Early Access crap

- Retro indie 8bit ironic crap

- Ecchi Moe weebshit
Is Spoony dead yet?

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:12 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:33 pm

Also makes Cieran's translation work appear to be a decent move since all those crazy jap games are in need of jap > eng translation and he is already doing that sick stuff right? When the floodgates open on steam he might actually have some opportunities, if he wants to ruin his soul further that is.
Yeah that $1 a month he's getting on Patreon sure reflects this. White Knight a little harder Hasim.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:39 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:10 pm
- Ecchi Moe weebshit
At least Neptunia is better than any FF game I've touched post-X.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:46 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:39 pm
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:10 pm
- Ecchi Moe weebshit
At least Neptunia is better than any FF game I've touched post-X.
Even those games are high-effort AAA tier compared to most of the shitty visual novel and RPG Maker crap that's all over Steam.
Is Spoony dead yet?

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:47 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:12 pm
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:33 pm

Also makes Cieran's translation work appear to be a decent move since all those crazy jap games are in need of jap > eng translation and he is already doing that sick stuff right? When the floodgates open on steam he might actually have some opportunities, if he wants to ruin his soul further that is.
Yeah that $1 a month he's getting on Patreon sure reflects this. White Knight a little harder Hasim.
Since when is patreon a job? Since when does being employed somewhere have anything to do with patreon? Since when do businesses pay wages over patreon?! There is a life outside the internet you know...
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:48 pm

Stranger wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:07 pm
Most MMOs try to sell their game system and hope that you'll play it because it's a social experience rather than just a video game. Just take a look at WoW-- most people only keep playing because their friends keep playing and their friends only keep playing because their friends keep playing.
Not true at all, WoW players are seriously braindamaged addicts, they dont care about their friends playing it or not. They just get fooled each and every time and then theyre hooked again on that brainless shit.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:11 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:48 pm
Not true at all, WoW players are seriously braindamaged addicts, they dont care about their friends playing it or not. They just get fooled each and every time and then theyre hooked again on that brainless shit.
Very few are actually addicted enough that this becomes a problem. In the majority of cases if a dude is the only one of his circle of friends left playing the game he will quit the next time his subscription needs to be renewed.

Your post is more indicative of your perception of nerdy video game addicts than actual experience talking to people who have played WoW (or continue to do so).
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:39 pm

Stranger wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:11 pm
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:48 pm
Very few are actually addicted enough that this becomes a problem. In the majority of cases if a dude is the only one of his circle of friends left playing the game he will quit the next time his subscription needs to be renewed.

Your post is more indicative of your perception of nerdy video game addicts than actual experience talking to people who have played WoW (or continue to do so).
Ive played WoW myself and was one of the few in my guild not acting like a crack addict whenever a new expansion got hyped. They hype themselves up and then when the expansion releases they keep lying to theirselves until they quit again, new expansion repeat repeat repeat. None of them ever claimed he was going back to WoW for "friends" or the guild.

What is it with you people here just loving to make up random nonsense about others as soon as they post something you dont agree with?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine