Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Retro Games

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:41 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:59 am
OK, so I want to tell you something weird that happened in my life. And I think the statute of limitations is up. I used to work for a boring government agency. They weren't funded very well and they had lots of old junk laying around in closets and shelves. I remember one time I found a quaint digital camera that used 3½" floppys!

But one day I snoop around and I find the most random thing-- a Philips CDi. This was shortly after AVGN did his video, and I had just learned about these things. So yeah, I made off with it. It had been just sitting there collecting dust and they probably would have thrown it away anyways.

But I am still puzzled as to why the Feds would have such a thing in the first place. Any ideas?
Contraband? Maybe they took it off a drug dealer. Maybe you stole evidence.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:19 pm

I theorized that perhaps Philips conned the feds into buying CDis decades ago. Maybe they told them it could be used as a training tool or something. But I couldn't find any sort of accompanying software. It was just sitting there by itself.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Johnny

Post by Johnny » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:42 pm

I wouldn't put it pass them. Phillips were really desperate to make the CDi relevant back in the early 90's. They made a few pretentious infomercials that aired repeatedly on TV around that period.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:42 pm

I expected the commercials to break into a Tim & Eric skit at any moment.
Toppest of all keks @ "only $499" in the fucking 90s and the help lady telling the guy to git gud at Link Youtubepoop of Evil.
Fantastic!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:56 am

God damn it. StarCraft Remastered hit all my nostalgia buttons and then some... well played Blizzard you fucking shills!

(Said I wouldn't comment till I had it)
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:47 pm

wtf you babbling about? The game is a broken mess, or did you just play the campaigns?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:35 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:42 pm
I expected the commercials to break into a Tim & Eric skit at any moment.
Toppest of all keks @ "only $499" in the fucking 90s and the help lady telling the guy to git gud at Link Youtubepoop of Evil.
Fantastic!
I'm always amazed when I hear how much stuff cost back in the 80s/90s when minimum wage was 2-5 dollars.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:50 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:07 am
They made a live action Tekken movie around the same time as the Chun-Li thing as well. Theres even a sequel.

Fake sequel. It was some spy thriller starring the guy who played the villain in the first movie and they just slapped the Tekken name on it. It's hilarious how weird it is.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:10 am

Price of panzer dragoon orta tripled in just 1 day, hope you guys had a copy to sell, or know of somewhere to buy it quick for a good profit.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:47 am

Fuck that entire series. It's been a scam for a super long time on the retro market. There's supply and demand and then there's dumb shit like the The Addam's Family pinball being very expensive despite being one of the most produced pinball machines ever. Every part of Panzer Dragoon is in that latter category. There's no way the demand is so high.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!