Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:04 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:02 pm
Those American Right Stuff Gundam BDs are dirt cheap compared to moonprice but they got the shitty aspects of the old Bandai DVDs. No Neal Sedaka for you.
FUUUUCK, really? See, I can't buy those either then. When I pay money for something on Blu-ray, I expect it to be perfect. If it's missing shit, then I hit the torrents.

Tomino really pisses me off sometimes. He's getting to the George Lucas level of "I can't wait 'till he dies so we can get the real deal".
お前はもう死んでいる。

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:36 am

I have a pirated copy of 08th MS Team and the super expensive legit old DVD collection for War in the Pocket.

I just hope these gundam fucks die off so we can eventually get decent pricing + quality on the original Gundam series. TBH right now the remake mango is the best way to experience UC gundam 0079.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:47 am

I really should check that out. I was buying the Macross remake manga, but it was clear from looking at the art that this manga had been originally made in color and printed in B&W. I feel like they're going to do a color version someday, so I quit buying until they do.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:42 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:36 am
I just hope these gundam fucks die off
Who do you want dead?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:45 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:42 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:36 am
I just hope these gundam fucks die off
Who do you want dead?
Whoever is preventing Zeta and UC 0079 from being released in the USA for reasonable prices. :lol:

There's also no reason for 0080 and Stardust Memory to be so fucking expensive too.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:45 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:04 am
Guest wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:02 pm
Those American Right Stuff Gundam BDs are dirt cheap compared to moonprice but they got the shitty aspects of the old Bandai DVDs. No Neal Sedaka for you.
FUUUUCK, really? See, I can't buy those either then. When I pay money for something on Blu-ray, I expect it to be perfect. If it's missing shit, then I hit the torrents.

Tomino really pisses me off sometimes. He's getting to the George Lucas level of "I can't wait 'till he dies so we can get the real deal".
I forgot that the US sets of the movie trilogy only have the Lucas-tier 2000 remix and not the original mono like the JPN set, nor do they include the legendary VHS-only English dub.
Bandai did shit like this a lot with their DVDs, not just Gundam. The Anime Legends verison of The Big O replaced the theme song styled from Queen's "Flash Gordon" with the UFO styled theme song from the 2007 WOWOW reairing. They also nuked the audio of Gunbuster because episode one has that Chariots of Fire parody song, but the audio masters for Gunbuster are lost
so they used some machine to remove the song and destroyed the audio for at least the first DVD. Bad enough that the president of Gainax responded to it.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:26 pm

So I watched on old OVA called Cosmo Police Justy (1985). I liked it. I have a thing for sci-fi anime of that vintage.

Watched Beaten by Black Rain (1984). I was utterly astonished at how anti-American and hateful this movie was. I'd seen this author's other works Barefoot Gen 1 & 2 and thought they were great. It showed the raw aftermath of the bomb in a realistic way. But this anime was about seething atomic bomb survivors set in the '70s or '80s taking revenge against random Americans in any small way they could and presenting that as heroic. A bartender runs a bar that bans Americans. Strawman Americans drawn as ugly, disgusting creeps keep trying to enter his bar for some reason and spout rationalizations for the bomb and the bartender kicks the crap out of them. A syphilitic prostitute pokes holes in condoms and has sex with Americans to give them the disease. (Would that even work?) She has a friend secretly film her having sex with the Yanks so that her young blind son can watch it if he ever regains his sight, so that he will grow up to hate Americans. A 2nd generation survivor is contemplating abortion because people tell her her baby could end up with genetic defects. At the end she decides to keep the baby in an act of defiance against that disgusting country.
I think everyone should watch it for the lulz.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:56 pm

Sounds like someone was feeling a bit salty.

I wonder if the Chinese have something like that for dem Imperial Japanese Rape Squads.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:12 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:56 pm
Sounds like someone was feeling a bit salty.

I wonder if the Chinese have something like that for dem Imperial Japanese Rape Squads.
They have plenty:

I'm surprised the guy behind Barefoot Gen was that aggressive since he was more measured and balanced in Barefoot Gen. In the manga the Americans weren't portrayed as pure evil, it wasn't positive but it was more him pointing out what they did during and after the bombing in a factual way rather than pure flat out hatred.

Though I'm not surprised, the end of the Akira manga has Kaneda going on a white piggu go home rant that was really out of place since just before that would have been a fine ending. The Japs hate the white piggu.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:35 am

Japs are super fucking butthurt over the bomb. They always depict themselves as poor little dindus who never did nuffin (pearl harbor didn't exist lel, pretend as if the USA never tried other shit before dropping the bombs, act as if suicide bombers weren't a thing) and paint the USA as the evil star wars empire who wanted to crush their spirits and rape their women.

Reality is the japs would have been way harsher on the usa if they'd been the ones who won the war. They sided with hitler because they, like him, believed their culture was superior to all others and worthy to dominate all others. A belief they still hold.

Maybe they would have liked it better if the USA had firebombed every household until the emperor gave up? Maybe we should have killed every man, woman and child who picked up a weapon? The war government of japan at the time was indoctrinating them all to fight to the last. No doubt they'd have found it preferable if we wiped out-to a man-every city that opposed the USA? As long as we did so with conventional weapons of course.
RAPEMAN wrote: