People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:16 am

mad bum wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:32 pm
Anyone who says retail isn't that bad hasn't worked it, plain and simple.

When you have to smile and nod because "I need to speak to your manager" haircut is bitching about their broken computer to you, and on the same day get told you won't be getting enough hours next week to pay rent.

Maybe retail is different overseas, but in burgerland it's about one of the worst jobs you can get other than support with shit pay and expected to bust your ass every second you are there, while at an IT job you're expected to relax but stay busy.
Loads of big retailers are slated for Chapter 7/11 soon, or on the verge.

JC Penny
Sears
Guitar Center
American Apparel

The list goes on.

These aren't small companies either. These are huge, brand consolidating behemoths that will lose a FUCK TON of stock for their providers if they go under.

Word has it many companies are propping up these retail chains to avoid them liquidating all their product for dirt cheap.

It's a bubble that WILL burst, but I don't think it'll be this year.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Poonoo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:12 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:07 am
I'm going to have to go with retail being the worst job ever. One of my best friends has worked retail in various shops for his whole life. He tells me all kinds of horror stories about black people constantly screaming in his face and throwing huge tantrums when they don't get what they want, and Asians constantly trying to haggle on prices that are fixed. Also shoplifters galore. (He taught me the codeword for "Shoplifter" at his store, and I laugh whenever I hear it on the intercom there.)
And he lost his job at that store because he threw away returned produce, charged with "destruction of store property." Superiors can fire you for no reason like that.
It sounds like working retail in Burgerland is complete shit. You have your idiots here, but generally it is fine in Australia especially with our minimum wage being so damn high.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:49 am

Guitar Center was always going to go out of business. I don't know what shit is like now, but Guitar prices were in a fucking slump for years and years. Buying a NEW guitar was like buying a new car. You could spend half the money for a better product. It's better than buying a used car, in fact, because guitars often didn't get used much. Most people aren't playing gigs every night and jamming for hours in their garage with their band. So the guitars were barely used for half the price.

GC got by on ripping off people, but the fact of the matter was guitar prices were stagnant or going down. All of a sudden you saw the big brands like Gibson and Fender trying to attach their "name brand headstock" to $600 or thereabouts NEW guitars. Often the quality on those was shit, or at least it was for Gibson.

I think I made a profit on one guitar that I bought. The others I lost a bit. There just wasn't the interest in the hobby to support a literal Wal-Mart for fucking used guitars. That shit was always going to fold.

It's kind of sad though, because the GC dudes were always cool to me (I mostly talked to them over email and had them ship me shit.) They weren't personally invested in the store aka weren't interested in ripping you off (over email anyway,) so they would often tell me honestly about a guitar I was interested in. My favorite guitar came from Guitar Center. It was a Tokai strat and it's fucking gorgeous... TO PLAY. The feel, the tone, beautiful. Kind of a scrappy little thing with a generic look, but it has the sound and a v-neck profile.

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ= ... V/$_86.JPG

And it cost me like $250 or some bullshit low price like that. A Fender of the same quality would probably be $600, used. Probably $1000 new.

IMO people in this economy don't have the money to keep a place like Guitar Cucker open. Like Gamestop, it relies on people being dumb and trading in their used stuff rather than selling it on craigslist or ebay.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:46 pm

I guess retail here isn't that bad because we don't have niggers, riceniggers or any other kind of undesirables.
inb4 rapefugees, they don't actually go to us. Not even to the Aldi. I have no idea how they get food. Likely gibsmedats or something.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:55 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:49 am
Guitar Center was always going to go out of business. I don't know what shit is like now, but Guitar prices were in a fucking slump for years and years. Buying a NEW guitar was like buying a new car. You could spend half the money for a better product. It's better than buying a used car, in fact, because guitars often didn't get used much. Most people aren't playing gigs every night and jamming for hours in their garage with their band. So the guitars were barely used for half the price.

GC got by on ripping off people, but the fact of the matter was guitar prices were stagnant or going down. All of a sudden you saw the big brands like Gibson and Fender trying to attach their "name brand headstock" to $600 or thereabouts NEW guitars. Often the quality on those was shit, or at least it was for Gibson.

I think I made a profit on one guitar that I bought. The others I lost a bit. There just wasn't the interest in the hobby to support a literal Wal-Mart for fucking used guitars. That shit was always going to fold.

It's kind of sad though, because the GC dudes were always cool to me (I mostly talked to them over email and had them ship me shit.) They weren't personally invested in the store aka weren't interested in ripping you off (over email anyway,) so they would often tell me honestly about a guitar I was interested in. My favorite guitar came from Guitar Center. It was a Tokai strat and it's fucking gorgeous... TO PLAY. The feel, the tone, beautiful. Kind of a scrappy little thing with a generic look, but it has the sound and a v-neck profile.

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ= ... V/$_86.JPG

And it cost me like $250 or some bullshit low price like that. A Fender of the same quality would probably be $600, used. Probably $1000 new.

IMO people in this economy don't have the money to keep a place like Guitar Cucker open. Like Gamestop, it relies on people being dumb and trading in their used stuff rather than selling it on craigslist or ebay.

Here's my current guitar (not MINE, but the year, model I have)

2016, hopefully it'll be worth something, I don't see many V''s with binding on them.

The thing was a bitch to get set, but the guitar maintains super low action and a wonderfully straight neck. Damn fine shredder for sweep picking and tapping. Amazing stock pickups.

Retailed for $1399, I got it for $850.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:00 pm

Nice. A Gibson V. I always wanted a Les Paul... Until I tried playing them. They were too fucking heavy on my knee. But I used to have a Korean Epi SG with custom pickups that was quite nice. I picked it up in a trade for a shitty chinese fender jag I had, and then eventually sold it for around $200.

What I'm saying is, the demand just isn't there for guitars. Guitar pricing is like the polar opposite of gun pricing. Guns retain value or increase in value if they're well-kept. Guitars get their value chopped in half the moment they're sold.
RAPEMAN wrote:

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:02 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:00 pm
Nice. A Gibson V. I always wanted a Les Paul... Until I tried playing them. They were too fucking heavy on my knee. But I used to have a Korean Epi SG with custom pickups that was quite nice. I picked it up in a trade for a shitty chinese fender jag I had, and then eventually sold it for around $200.

What I'm saying is, the demand just isn't there for guitars. Guitar pricing is like the polar opposite of gun pricing. Guns retain value or increase in value if they're well-kept. Guitars get their value chopped in half the moment they're sold.
They in fact lose value if you try to refinish and repair them with better parts.... THAT. Is some shit.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:08 am

The cost of guitar customizations is usually never recouped in the price when you sell it. There are a million Made in Mexico Fenders out there with fucking amazing custom pickups in them. And generally, they cost less than the bog standard stock MIM strats with boring pickups. Because whenever you remove the factory shit, the price goes down even when the stuff you added is better.

Even if the price goes up a bit because you put Gibson SG pickups into an Epiphone MIK SG, the amount the value goes up by is not enough to even break even on the cost of the pickups.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:11 pm

At least amps maintain their price well.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

TheProgressive

Post by TheProgressive » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:46 pm
I guess retail here isn't that bad because we don't have niggers, riceniggers or any other kind of undesirables.
inb4 rapefugees, they don't actually go to us. Not even to the Aldi. I have no idea how they get food. Likely gibsmedats or something.
Do they perhaps own their own convenience stores? That's how it seems to work in the UK.

My local polish owned corner shop actually does some pretty nice food if you can get over the presence of the other folks who shop there.