People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:37 pm

The rapefugees? They can't. The aren't allowed to work, let alone get a business permit.
That kind of super small store doesn't really exist anymore here anyway. There are only a handful of very old farts that still have one of those and they can only survive because they are usually rent free because they own the building. There is no wholesale besides two that still deliver to such small shops and those only deal with gas stations or old existing shops, except for those in large cities.
The whole model isn't viable anymore outside of really, really big cities.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:43 pm

The only thing like that you're likely to see is some Turk running a shop that can reach convenience store to small supermarket size*, if the local community is big enough.

*) In German supermarket sizes. We don't really have those fuckhuge American ones.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Yeah, in cities. And that Turk is a legal immigrant from ages ago, not some refugee. Shit doesn't work like that in Germany. If there's one thing the government cares about it's sales tax. I'm not saying you can't do some things anymore but running an illegal store is utterly impossible.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:36 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:11 pm
At least amps maintain their price well.
They do. Not sure why that's the case when guitar prices a shit. Maybe because there are comparatively fewer good amps in the world than good guitars.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:50 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:36 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:11 pm
At least amps maintain their price well.
They do. Not sure why that's the case when guitar prices a shit. Maybe because there are comparatively fewer good amps in the world than good guitars.
There's less of the ones considered good and there's less taste to account for. A guitar can be the wrong colour, the wrong wood, from the wrong production year and so on. You want that Stratocaster sound? You've got hundreds of models to chose from.
Meanwhile, an ENGL Fireball is an ENGL Fireball.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:35 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:54 pm
Yeah, in cities. And that Turk is a legal immigrant from ages ago, not some refugee. Shit doesn't work like that in Germany. If there's one thing the government cares about it's sales tax. I'm not saying you can't do some things anymore but running an illegal store is utterly impossible.
My bad. The whole "illegal store" thing didn't even cross my mind.

And I guess they get some stuff in form of welfare? I mean, our politicians had this whole "We better give them goods instead of cash to avoid abuse or something" thing going on a while back. Though I seem to recall nobody followed up on that because of the logistics required.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:17 pm

Thinking about it, it's been quite a while since I've even seen one of them somewhere. Maybe they just moved on to Sweden.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:35 am

I'm gonna revive this thread and jump back to the topic of jobs in America and searching for one and blah blah blah.

I've spent the past month discussing workplace politics and crap with my co-workers and each and every one of us (I work in a bakery within a grocery chain) have all pretty much voiced full agreement that the idea of giving us $15/hr would be murder on the economy due to people raising prices to reflect the increase in wages.

I then go onto a fast food review where the guy got a meal at BK and complained about it being $9.19, microwaved, still cold, and happened to mention that he's, "fine with people trying to up the minimum wage," but that he, "expects reasonable service," if they're going to try to vouch for that.

Predictably you had a ton of people ignore the video and go into the comment section to piss and moan about minimum wage but surprisingly it was a bunch of people coming out to cast judgment on people like me who either cannot get a job at anything but a place that starts you at minimum wage (due to illness or disability) or are trying to move up but can't get accepted at a position they're qualified for. There was no ambiguity or nuance to the opinion. Just a bunch of dudes saying that working a minimum wage job means you, 100%, have made poor life choices.

I know it's awful funny to complain about people judging others unfairly on a forum where we basically piss all over e-celebs, but man I was super triggered when I read those comments. Like, seriously, thanks for judging me as a loser who made poor life choices before you even find anything out about me-- like that I'm too sick to be hired at most jobs but not sick enough to receive support from the government so I have no choice but to work something entry level for the rest of my adult life due to the random bouts of, "I can't work for a week due to massive intestinal bleeding and pain," that I experience on a semi-frequent basis.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:06 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:35 am

I then go onto a fast food review where the guy got a meal at BK and complained about it being $9.19, microwaved, still cold, and happened to mention that he's, "fine with people trying to up the minimum wage," but that he, "expects reasonable service," if they're going to try to vouch for that.

Predictably you had a ton of people ignore the video and go into the comment section to piss and moan about minimum wage but surprisingly it was a bunch of people coming out to cast judgment on people like me who either cannot get a job at anything but a place that starts you at minimum wage (due to illness or disability) or are trying to move up but can't get accepted at a position they're qualified for. There was no ambiguity or nuance to the opinion. Just a bunch of dudes saying that working a minimum wage job means you, 100%, have made poor life choices.
I just watched that.

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:23 pm

The worst part is that the sandwich looks like death and yet people ran with the, "HE MENTIONED MINIMUM WAGE," thing.